Fly Tying
airedale

Could someone tie something like this for me?

I have 2 leopard geckos as pets, and I was wondering if someone would be able to tie a realistic for me? I would like to buy it from someone if they did tie it. Here are the pics. This is the pattern I would like, or at least something like it. I personally have no experience with realistics, but I would like to see if anyone would mind trying for me.

This is the pattern.

IPB Image

This is her with my other gecko.

IPB Image

Here is more of a side view

IPB Image

I know the spots would be hard, but the basic colors are yellow, lavender stripes, and a black and lavender tail with a tiny bit of orange at the base. IDK how hard this would be, but I would love to have one.

I really appreciate this,

Jim

Hi Jim,

If I had more time at the moment I might have had a go for you.....................lets see what other replies you get

Mike.................................... B)

Sounds like a competition. You know what! I just thought of something. What would happen if someone posted a pic, and people signed up like a contest to tie a realistic of the pic, and then everyone voted on the most realistic looking one? Sounds like a new swap/contest... If only I had something to put up as a prize, I could host it...

I can tie it for you. Send me your address and tell me what size you want,hook size,type(carbon or stainless steel) and length. I will not charge you for it.You could just send me a fly that you have tied.Let's swap.John from www.bigtroutflies.com

Sounds like a competition. You know what! I just thought of something. What would happen if someone posted a pic, and people signed up like a contest to tie a realistic of the pic, and then everyone voted on the most realistic looking one? Sounds like a new swap/contest... If only I had something to put up as a prize, I could host it...

Fred would do a far better job.

Dhise, your just being modest. I've seen your flies. I just figured if a few of us tried this we could see different techniques and materials used to get similar results. We all have different tying styles.

You're still better at this realism stuff. I need a CDrom for some different techniques; like legs and proportions. I'm new to all this.

I got alot of hits! Wow! Thanks guys. I was asked for a pic of the underside, so here is one.

IPB Image

It is actually more of a white or cream color (it looks pink because her sand kind of colors her skin orange)

For the feet, they are exactly how they look in the pictures. They are the same color on the bottoms of the belly. This is going to be a great bunch of flies!