Fly Tying
airedale

Could someone tie something like this for me?

Hey Leif , bigtroutflies,Tyrite and Fly Tyer Guy. How about you guys show some progression photos. It would be great to see how many different techniques are used to tie this Gecko.

Fred, I've not started mine yet, I'm tying for a contest, then I have an order to fill, then I hope to get to it. I do notice that the way you are building yours is close to the same method I use for my realistics, though I do not make a "skeleton" out of wire, I build a "backbone" and build the whole thing up. I also use wire for the legs just like you are doing.

Airedale, so the feet do not have fuzzy or anything on the bottom?

No. Leopard geckos are a non climbing species. They have claws, but they can't climb glass or anything. They have claws that are see through and are about 1 mm long. They are so small that you can feel them on your skin, but they are really hard to see. I can see these will trun out great. Thanks Guys! :headbang: :headbang:

Fred, are you using dental supplies to make the body, or are you using something we laymen could get our hands on?

Fred, are you using dental supplies to make the body, or are you using something we laymen could get our hands on?

Dart , for the body I used craft wire and foam from hobby store and some medium chenile.Then covered the entire body with a thin coat of 5min. epoxy.After that a thin coat of acrylic white paint.I like to paint the entire body one color at this stage to spot flaws.You can probably see many in the photo.

Fred, you never cease to amaze me with your realistics. I showed my sister because she used to have a leopard gecko and she wouldnt believe me that it was a fly until I zoomed in to see the hook

Thanks Ms, Dart , Andres and Paul.

Paul you keep joking about that German shepard and someone is going to tie it for the most unusual. But it wont be me.

Fred