Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
erhetta

Greetz from Sacramento

I have been lurking for quite a while and figured it was time to get active and hopefully give back some of what I have learned here.

I am in my 2nd year of nothing but fly fishing. Last year I had my first American River Steelhead (ended the season with 14 hookups and 6 to the hand), and my first American River Striper. Since I was a kid, I have always loved panfishing so over the summer, that is what I have focused on and had an absolute blast.

I started tying about a year ago, and have some success with my varient of the Fox's poopah and some of my bugger patterns. I hope to share some in some upcoming swaps. I am trying to find more time to tie, but sometimes that is difficult. I am sure some of you know what I mean.

This summer I got my first inflatable pontoon boat and have enjoyed floating some of the Sierra lakes as well as the Delta. What a blast. I would love to hook up with more kickboat / pontoon peeps as it is an absolute blast to have a few of us out there all at once. There are a couple of clubs in NorCal for the traditional gear guys, but I have not seen any for us fly-guys.

Nice to meet you. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site. Enjoy.

My Brother lives in old Sacramento. Use to be a prison gaurd at the prison. Tell him to stop fishing for bass and start fly fishing. It is a shame that he lives so close to the American river and the Sac and never fishes them.

Randy

I know peeps from both of those clubs...and both are great.

Bigdewy, if you ever feel like showing a noob around Pyramid, let me know.... I have always wanted to go out there, but the whole Ladder thing just freaks me out. I am thinking my 'toon would be cool there, but I heard the winds pick up suddenly and strong.