Fly Tying
deflyguy

Double Gurgler - Steelhead

Man, I can picture this fly waking across the surface on a down-and-across drift and getting smashed by a steelhead! FISH ON!!! Airborne... :D :yahoo:

Great fly

it's one of the patterns I am testing out in my effort for a Salmon River slam this fall - now I just have to avoid all those people :P

(Salmon River Slam: brownie, steelie, king, and coho in one trip!)

Thanks!

Great fly/tye........SUPER job. My wife and i took Jack Gartside's (inventor of the Gurgler), class last Nov., at the International Fly Tying Symposium. We've known Jack for over 15 years but never had a chance to take his class. BIG FUN!!!!! He had us in stiches all day. The Gurgler was one of the flies we did. Btw, if your not on his email mailing list, (so you can get his monthly newsletter), you outta be. It's great. He sometimes has really good deals on materials, books, tools, etc., etc........go to his site at jackgartside.com and good luck. mark..... ;)

:yahoo: I've got to tye this one. Steelhead or Bass it won't matter with this fly. Great tye.

Thanks Guys!

And thanks for the Avatar compliment DH...Glad to see some NC representing here. I am from Greensboro but now transplanted up north. Can you believe they do not have Bojangles up here... :blink:

Thanks Guys!

And thanks for the Avatar compliment DH...Glad to see some NC representing here. I am from Greensboro but now transplanted up north. Can you believe they do not have Bojangles up here... :blink:

Man, they don't even have Bojangles over here in Memphis, TN. I'm transplanted from NC, too (Asheville) and I always make a bee-line for Bojangles whenever I get back to NC.

:bugeyes: deflyguy it looks great in the pic but the 1 i received in Buds swap looks better in hand and will be fished hard for steelhead in the next few weeks GREAT JOB

Rocky

Thanks Midge...it's funny - I usually put a halo weedguard on that patter (the version you have) and run it down pond banks for bass. I am glad you liked it, the tail material is EP (which i love for all occasions).

TerryLee - I know your neck of the woods, I used to spend a lot of time in Hendersonville and hiking around the Green river. Some of my college buds live there.

:headbang:

Thanks Guys!

Man, they don't even have Bojangles over here in Memphis, TN. I'm transplanted from NC, too (Asheville) and I always make a bee-line for Bojangles whenever I get back to NC.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You are KILLIN' me bringing up Bojangles....When I was stationed in NC, I almost lived there. The sweet tea there is to DIE for!!!! When I left NC, I started with 2 cases of sweat tea from there...I think it was gone in 2 days driving from NC to Cali.

If it weren't so darn expensive to ship a couple gallons of liquid across the country, i would have a standing order....