8. Royal Coachman Parachute (hair-wing dry) Dezod - RECEIVED
  9. Wright's Royal (hair-wing dry) ibrb - RECEIVED
  10. Royal Coachman (feather-wing streamer) Student4evr
  11. Royal Coachman (bucktail streamer) cencalfly
  12. Royal Coachman (Rangeley Lakes streamer) riffleriversteelheadslayer
  13. Royal Coachman (marabou streamer) vtflyhack - RECEIVED
  14. Royal Coachman (steelhead/salmon wet) Houndog - RECEIVED

15. Royal Stimulator (hair-wing dry) professori - SHIPPED

I got flies today from Dezod, Service Tech and Spanky. Nice ties guys and thanks for the extras! The only person that hasn't touched base so far is Jon G. I'll keep everyone posted as the rest roll in. Thanks to everyone for participating!

in the mail on Monday finished them just now sorry for the delay :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

NP Paul! I know you put a lot of effort into them and I'm sure it'll show. If all the flies come in by Wednesday, I can get them before I leave to celebrate Christmas with my family on Thursday. Yes... Christmas in the middle of January.

That being said... I don't think it's crucial enough for anyone to mail anything overnight. I did that once with Bud's swap and it cost me a fortune and there was still a delay in someone else getting their flies in so my money was wasted. Just keep in mind this is for fun and don't stress if it's a day or two late.

I got some good lookin' stims from Professori today. There was also a note on my door that there was a package that wouldn't fit in my mailbox. It was sent via USPS Express Mail... I'll have to see if my wife can go pick it up tomorrow.

Dart:

Just wanted to give you an update. I should be done in a day or so. I will have to figure out how to ship these without doing any damage.

I just might use the mother of all Altoids boxes.

As far as the bump in the start of the floss section, I used the article in Hatches premier issue on "Tie for show...". John McCoy doesn't clip anything he ties in until the front of the fly. And he is really stingy when it comes to adding any wraps and he uses precise thread control. I went so far as stripping the peacock from the tail wrap after I had secured it and carrying it forward with an extra length of floss to keep the base diameter consistent. I also learned that you only want to use one side of the below the peacock "eye" for any given fly.

One other thing I want to warn everyone about is that I tied these for show. To keep everything clean, I did add any knot between the initial jam knot and the whip finish at the end. I found that I could go back and fix any problems as I tied the fly. (Does anyone need about a million broken peacock hurls??) If you fish this fly it will probably be a 1-shot deal.

Dart I still need an addy

Frank aka Student4evr

Shit i got all done went to get your address and looked and i need 14 i had it in my head 12 guess i will soke some more gut and tie 2 more hell i think i will tie 1 with a kori wing it would be easer than the flat raises of the mallard

Any way i am close instead of in the morning it will be Thursday and still don't have a clue what to ship them in

Rocky

Sorry about that Rocky. I know those flies take a long time to tie. As nice as your flies are, I'd be willing to say send 13 and I'll just take a picture of one of yours and keep that. As far as how to ship them, I'm afraid I'm no help there. :(

I did get some flies from cencalfly today. Holy moly @ the more than generous extras! These streamers are absolutely amazing... you guys will be impressed!

Since we are still waiting on a few more sets to come in, it's looking like it will be the at least the 21st before they're shipped. Things are a bit sketchy time-wise as we just got a call tonight from my father in law that my wife's grandad is about to pass away. He may go tonight... or it may be a week. It could be that as we're going home for our belated Christmas, we'll be attending a funeral. At this time, I'm unsure if we'll be back by the 20th or not... it depends on funeral arrangements. I'll keep you guys posted and will get the flies photographed and shipped within 24 hours of receiving all of them.

Jeff

Jeff, don't worry about it, its all good. I went through the same thing last month. Blessings to you and your family.

I had some flies waiting on me when I got home tonight! RRSHS makes a nice contribution with the longest hook I've ever seen! He also came through with a humpy for everyone, so I think you'll all like that. Now, we're just waiting on Frank's, Rocky's and JonG's flies. I know Frank and Rocky have theirs on the way, but I haven't heard from JonG and he hasn't logged into the site since 1/1/09 - I've sent PMs, so if he logs on, hopefully we'll hear from him and he's okay. I should have time to check the mail and post tomorrow before heading to the airport, but it will be tight. No news on my wife's grandad is good news.

P.S. Nice looking flies, Rocky!