Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Willie Gunn Variation (Concept Cotterpin-Tube Fly)

post-4573-1222899784_thumb.jpg

This is the same fly, with a different the tube fly body section.

This is just a concept fly I am playing around with. I am not sure if it is worth all the trouble of having interchangeable parts, but I wanted to see how it would work.

The hook can be replaced if it gets dull. The tube body can be changed out for different colors. The deer hair is tyed onto the cotterpin. It's easy to tye up a few different color combination.

I realize I can do the same things with smaller tube sections. Just had to play around with the idea. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Now I have to field test it. :D

Very nice! One of my fishing buddys favorite Steelhead tube patterns. He uses Artic fox on all the ones i've seen. I'm sure You'll do good on this proven pattern.

Brent

Ray,

That is a NOVEL idea! Great concept, impeccable tying as always and just flat out cool. GREAT WORK! -Jamie

PS. You will not want to step any where near me on the tribs this year. I am tazing you and stealing your fly boxes! LOL!

YO Ray..........Jamie is not kiddin' round either.........he has absolutely NO sense of humor whatsoever.............. :D ................. :hyst:

Seriously...........i think your concept is FAN******'TASTIC!!!!! And to show you how much i like it.....i'm gonna send you some more hooks, i think you might be interested in.....they're doubles of a very interesting pursuasion............me thinks you'll dig 'em. Lemme know......... mark..... ;)

btw, you wanna field test that puppy..........bring it down here........we're just a couple weeks away from BIG Browns time.........on their spawning runs. And i DO MEAN BIG!!!!! :yahoo:

Thanks guys. :)

Jamie - Perhaps we can settle this as men and arm wrestle for it. I've got a decent shot at winning before your arm heals. :devil: :j_k: :D :hyst:

Mark - PM sent. Thanks. I accept.

Thanks Mike. Your post just reminded me of those awesome "Generation X" new age waddingtons you posted a while back. I think they would work perfectly on the cotterpins. No I have to try them!

Thanks for sparking my memory. I loved those flies. :D ;)