Fly Tying
flycaster

How about a sticky to announce fly tying clubs?

Last month I posted an item about our suburban Chicago fly tying club (Northern Illinois Fly Tyers). Another forum member mentioned his group in Ontario. How about a sticky on this site where fly tying groups can post information? There are plenty of tiers who would love to hook up with a local club to improve their skills, or to hang with others of us who tie stuff on hooks- or maybe both. Any thoughts from the general guys/gals here, or Mr. Moderator?

Chuck

SEE..........SEE THERE>>>>>>>>>>>THAT'S! what i'm talkin' bout...............ooppss, scuss me...... :D ,.................just that i LOVE a KILLER!!!!!!!!!! idea when i hear one. :yahoo: :ban: :clapping:

SOMEBODIES thinkin'.......and good on ya.

Sign me up. My wife and i have started a brand new fly tyin' club here in the Ozarks of Northern Arkansas. "The Swallows Nest Fly Tyers".......and your welcome to join us at a meeting anytime. First official one will be in Dec. You've got a GREAT idea there. Thankx Chuck. mark..... :cheers:

Are there any clubs in Bergen county NJ? I think there should be a posting list.

If your in Bergen county N.J., you should become a member of the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild.......membership is only $10 a year and always has been and as we've always said.....always will be. The newsletter alone is worth the price of admission. It's full of good info, stories, and "tips." Meetings are in Roscoe, New York in the winter time.....(next one is this Sat. at 2:00 P.M. at the Rockland House on Rockland Road, John Collins is tyin' a couple of his patterns..... The Electric Caddis, and the Bartis Puff Emerger).....and on Thurs. eve's at 6:00 p.m. at the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum in the Spring and Fall. No meeting in July and Aug. but there is a picnic every Aug., also at the CFFC&M. The "Guild" will have a table at the International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset, N.J. next month, Nov. 22ed & 23rd. The newsletter editor is Bud Bynack and he can be emailed at [email protected] .....you can also recieve the newsletter by email.....to do so, send your current email address to our man in charge of membership.

Bob Osburn

3 Good Time Court

Goshen, N.Y.

mark..... ;)

Well, Mark, it seems that there isn't much interest here for my idea. Haven't heard from Mr. Smalliehunter yet, either. Oh, well. Patience, patience.

Chuck

I am all for the Idea as well. Great thinking by the way the Hamilton area fly fishers and tiers meet the first and fouth mondays of the month check out the info at www.HAFFT.ca. For some reason this hasn't been updated this season yet.

Happy fall fishing

Jon

ps. I don't think that smalliehunter is gonna add anything new until he gets the old working correctly..

Jon, are we talkin' Hamilton, Montana..............????? i spnt a little over a week there ths summer fishin' the Bitteroot. KILLER Beautiful area of the state. And what a great river. Anyway, which Hamilton are you referring to? mark :) p.s. i think Will would have a page like we'd like, if he saw it as important and a valueable service to the community.....give him time..... ;)

Ooops sorry.

I meant hamilton , ontario Canada Eh!. Just around the grand river. I guess when you live here there is only one. ;)

Jon

Well, Mark, it seems that there isn't much interest here for my idea. Haven't heard from Mr. Smalliehunter yet, either.

Hey Chuck, I think it is a great idea. Will an Steve are the guys that would be able to set that up, would be neat to see it as a whole section just for tying club information and requests. That being said they are both likely out of comission on setting anything like that up until the site is back and running smoothly post-hack.

With nearly 18,000 registered members, there are probably 2,000 fly fishing/tying clubs represented here. I think a sticky for club announcements will just get lost in all the background noise of the Forum. If you want to post about a club event, go ahead, that is what the Lodge is for. Most club news is of a temporary nature and expire after the event date has passed. Unless, of course, you're Mark and you post 4 years in advance and keep bumping your post every other day to keep it at the top of the list.

Troutbum- thanks for your input. However, I was thinking more of giving unaffiliated tiers a chance to find out if there's a club in their vicinity. I got lucky years ago. I've been in the Northern Illinois Fly Tyers (yup- that's how we spell it) for over 35 years. :shocking: Been president four times and met, tied and fished with, a heck of a lot of great folks.

Chuck

Chuck, your idea IS a good one.......and it NEEDS to be pursued.......there's just no accountin' for a fisherman when he gets to exaggeratin'..... :D