Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kyleb

started tying again, opinions wanted

Size 8 blue charm...

My spool of yellow uni-floss decided to disintegrate for some reason so I had to resort to the rusty rat coloured danville floss for the tag. My floss work blows, I have to learn to get it right before proceeding to the rest of the fly.

Black uni-yarn for the body.

post-17317-1224900312_thumb.jpg

Hide the receipt for all the stuffthat youy just had to have to start up again. Ha Ha

haha... naw I've had most of that stuff in storage (except for the vise... i lost my old regal knock off). Not pictured are two tubs of hair and features :D

Hmm....Maybe I will try that too....'Honey, I found this in storage......"

Hmm....Maybe I will try that too....'Honey, I found this in storage......"

You could also try "Honey, I'm putting you in storage..." :devil:

Here's a cosseboom I tied... I don't have any soft yellow hackle so the stiff will do for now.

post-17317-1224432326_thumb.jpg

Thats a good cosseboom. If I remember right there was a series of them. I used mine in Maine fishing for Atlantic salmon. Keep p he good work. :yahoo:

Thats a good cosseboom. If I remember right there was a series of them. I used mine in Maine fishing for Atlantic salmon. Keep p he good work. :yahoo:

Yes, they are used on the Miramichi often as well, the "cosseboom special" -- it's brighter than the normal one.

my floss work got a lot better when i loaded the spool of floss in a regular bobbin (not one of the those floss bobbins) and that uni-stretch floss is awesome.

This is my first ally's shrimp. I love the look of this fly, and that it is fairly different than most of the other hairwings. I can see myself tying many many more of these in the future.

This one is red (don't have orange bucktail at the moment).

post-17317-1226172003_thumb.jpg