Fly Tying
Fred H.

Christmas Crappie Swap

Wayneb, atroutbum2, and lineside . My appologies for not posting that I recieved your flies earlier.

Wayneb has sent everyone twoyellow wooly buggers one with bead chain eyes.Wayne thanks for making this a special swap and also for the extras.

atroutbum2 , sent in some beautiful leeches for everyone.I could tell you about the extras he sent me but I don't want to make you all jealous. thanks Joe, they are sweet.

Lineside sent everyone some really nice orange estaz wooly worms . The extras he sent were olive estaz.Very nice. Thanks Dave.

My next post will be a picture of everyones effort in the swap thus far. We still have 4 sets out. Have not heard from student4ever or irb. I will pm them for an update.

Hi Fred;

Glad to hear the flies made it! I kind figured you were busy or out of town for thanksgiving.

I was really in a tying groove one weekend and decided to tie two flies, one weighted and one unweighted. The unweighted fly caught me quite a few large crappie early this season, the weighted version worked well on summer evenings.

The extras I sent you were my goto fly this fall, I caught bluegill,bass pickerel and several slab crappie on that simple fly which is based on Al Campbell's simple nymph.

Thanks for hosting another great swap!

Wayneb

Fred and all the other members of the swap:

I will be a bit late in getting the bugs in the mail. I will finish them tomorrow.

I have been a bit distracted after a long battle my mom has 2-3 weeks left in her battle with cancer. Our family has been working to make this a celebration of her life; not a dwelling on her loss. I will be leaving to go back to Minnesota on Sunday, and I hope you all will have a great holiday season. We will be celebrating my Mom's job WELL DONE.

Frank Koterba aka Student4evr