Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
James Daly

A steelie smile

Greetings all,

Posted this over on Classicflytying too. A nice buck that felt compelled to play this morning. I was using my switch rod with an indi-rig. There is absolutely not enough water to swing a fly anywhere in the Lake Erie Watershed (Erie County, PA). So, the switcher gives me that added advantage of being able to throw on the indi setup and rock it out. Lots of fun, but we need rain something fierce! Anyways, take a look at that buck, doesn't he look like he's posing for the pic and saying "Would you please put me back in now?". For your amusement. -Jamie

post-4102-1224812166_thumb.jpg

i trust you did just that? :D JIC.....a fish begins to drown (suffogate) in 16 seconds outta the water..........so pics need to be taken within bout 10 seconds. ;) i'm not lecturing.........just pullin' your coat. :P Nice fish Bro. :thumbsup: mark..... B)

Halelujeah! It is so desperately needed. Hopefully it rains all weekend. I've got to head up again on Monday to get my release to return to work. I've got some Balmorals for the dark, colored water and the dime bright chromies that have been waiting to cross the bars! I really hope that storm system keeps pressing to the north and east. Thanks!! -Jamie

Jamie, which rivers are the ones you fish for Steelies the most? TKX., mark..... ;)

Congratulations Jamie! Glad your arm is healing up well enough to get some stream time. Beautiful fish. Looks like he has been in the stream for a while, judging by his color.

Sweet picture,

Jamie he is definatly giving you the eye! I love that photo though. A few questions, what fly did you bag this bad boy on? what sweet reel is that? and most importantly when are you taking me fishing? lol

Phil

Hey, thanks Guys!

Mark,

Any River that is a tributary of Lake Erie or Lake Ontario. I really like the Catt in NY and also the Oak Orchard River. In Erie County I primarily fish from East to West. 20 Mile Creek out to Elk Creek on the West Side and Every where in between.

Phil,

A generic nymph under an indicator. Cheap fishing, but with the flows as of late, it's almost the only way to play. The reel? It's a Danielsson 812 LW. Thanks! -Jamie

nice pics Jamie, we are getting lots of rain here like last week.

even the few salmon we get in from Ontario only showed up mid week.

Rod Earl