Fly Tying
willowhead

Coolaid Cocktail

This one's for Marc, (Monquarter)......he sent me such a beautiful fly.......i HADDA get one done for him, PRONTO! It's on a Mustad 3899 6/0. Hope he likes it. mark..... ;)

Now you have gone too far :headbang:

It reminds me of a bomb pop you could get off the ice cream truck as a kid...yummy :yahoo:

"That'll WORK!!!!!" .............so funny you'd say that..........i was thinkin' it looks like a kids face after he's eatin a few Popsicles. I LOVE the way the bottom part of the tip dyed Marabou blends with the color of the MoHair.......specially when the light hits it. From the very start, it was ahhhhhhhhh...........AH, .....ah let's seee now.......should i do this...........i mean in terms of all the different colors that match and mismatch at the same time.........there's a lotta funny bisiness goin' on......but i think it all worked out ok. You got two different blues, a couple reds, couple pinks, orange, claret, purple...............jeeze. Oh well.........it's history now. On to the next one.......... :P mark..... ;)

Mark,

I really like this one. I have been sorta following your latest experimental stage and this fly seems a little more artistically refined than some of the others (not that your other flies aren't very nice). This fly has very nice proportions and an interesting color scheme.

That bead really goes well with the other components.

Thanks for posting it.

TKX. Bro. .....funny, cause it actually went together faster than many of the others. :D not that "time" nessessarily has anything to do with "artistic refinement"

........but...........maybe it's the fact that the fly is to be a gift..........or the fact that i've actually used a bead almost identical to that one before..........who knows. Glad you like it. mark..... ;)

i love this fly mark. it does look like a kids face after they have a pop at least my 2 year old daughters does keep them coming oh by the way my daughter says wowo and preaty

TKX. Micke, this one was speically fun, as it is a gift for Marc, (Monquarter).....he sent me a very beautiful fly. You and i shall swap flies soon. mark..... ;)