Fly Tying
letumgo

Dubbing Brush Soft Hackles

post-4573-1225324495_thumb.jpg post-4573-1225324509_thumb.jpg (Yellow Dubbing Blend)

post-4573-1225324520_thumb.jpg post-4573-1225324530_thumb.jpg (Claret Dubbing Blend)

Materials:

Hook - Mustad R70/Size 10

Thread - Red UNI-Thread (6/0)

Hackle - Hen Neck (Cream/Dun Variant)

Dubbing Brush - Fine Copper Wire (Ultra Wire/Small) twisted with Mr. Peacock Dubbing (from Fly Tying Dungeon)

I tyed these with copper dubbing brush to add some weight to the patterns to get them to sink faster. This is the first time I've tyed with the "Mr. Peacock Dubbing" from Fly Tying Dungeon (www.flytyingdungeon.com). It is course dubbing with a wonderful spectrum of different colors. This stuff works very nicely for making dubbing brushes.

OH YEAH!!!!!! Great dubbing "blends." Beautiful work Ray..............LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Fly like that is all ya need to catch a Steelie anyway..........by "like that" i mean in size and complexity........those'll do the trick.....No Doubt. mark..... B)

Btw, anything commin' on those "doubles" i sent yet? ;)

Yes, I make my own dubbing brushes. I posted a bunch of details in one of your other posts earlier this evening. The links should give you all of the info you need on making your own dubbing brushes.

The dubbing I used is a product called "Mr Peacock Dubbing". It is a spectrum blend (many colors) of synthetic materials. This dubbing mix is sold by a company called Fly Tying Dungeon (see web link below). This is the first time I've tyed with the stuff, but it won't be the last. Wonderful stuff to work with and the price is right too (75 cents/pack).

Mr Peacock Dubbing Link

Mr Peacock Dubbing Box (12 color set)

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated with the Fly Tying Dungeon.

Ray, I'd love to see pictures of all of your fly boxes one day. I don't recall ever seeing anything coming from your vise that doesn't look tasty. Great job!

Edit: I've never purchased from FTD, but I've told my wife for Christmas I want 1 of everything they sell. :D

Ray, I got the e-mail but I haven't had her purchase one yet. Was it worth it to purchase 2, or should she just pick up a few packs of other things (like the H20 Twist)?

Dang, i was so impressed with the dubbing and how natural it looks as those bodies, i completely spaced that they were "brushes." :rolleyes: i'm a HUGE fan of dubbin' brushes.........LOVE 'em. Specially cause they go on so quick.......they're GREAT to work with at shows, cause you can get a LOT more flies done over the course of time than without the brushes. Anyway, thankx for the links Ray...........i'm off to the "Store" now. :D hehehehehehehe...... mark..... ;)

DAMN....that took a while :crutch: :hyst: got one of EVERY color and an extra Purple, Claret, Chartrusse, Hot Orange, and Hot Pink. THE most essential colors they had :D