Fly Tying
Paul vd Driesche

Pteronarcys Adult

Hey Guys,

Maybe some of you remember the Pteronarcys Californica nymph I posted a couple of week ago. The adult emerged ;) this is it.....

I will add some shape and color here and there but that will be so detailed I don't think it will show on a photo taken with my phone. If it does I will post another photo.

Arkle....It was nice to meet you. You saw me work on this one....this is the result of the hard work (or at least 95% with some changes to come of whitch I'm not sure yet) ;)

Greets Paul.

03112008222.jpg

Paul,

i still agree with Andres.... Just :bugeyes:

greetz

Michael

Thanx guys, I really appreciate your comments. :yahoo: You don't see very much of the colors on this pic so I will add a better one when I finished the thing I have in mind for this bug.

Greets Paul.

Martin, I don't think so. I met only about 60% of the people I'd hoped to there. Hopefully next year.

That's the trouble with tight schedules, people are never there when you try to see them, we all like going on "walkabout" sometimes we meet other new people that way.

I certainly did, but our coach had to leave at 4 p.m. as our driver has to keep within a certain number of hours per week, tachographs etc.

As always it was "The Event" of the year though, I've been to every one & intend to continue going to every one.

Paul, that critter was so natural it had to be held down in a vice.

Hey Steelie,

I have to admit he kind of did help me....not in person though (I wish) but I did use his book for reference. I use some technics of his and some of other tyers found on the internet. All these things together gives this as a result. I'm glad you like it.

Thanx.

Paul.

Very nice tie there Paul,

I wish that I had scheduled one of my visits back to the UK at the same time as the BFFI of well maybe one year

Grat tie again

Mike............................................. B)

Thnx guys,

I really apreciate the comments.

These are 2 pictures of the bug with some small changes....mostly in the color and on the head and the tarsal claws just to make things just that bit nicer. I like these pictures a lot better than the on on the top.

Greets Paul.

06112008230.jpg

06112008231.jpg

Hi Paul..

Nice to see the bugger all done, missed to look at the final result at the Bffi (I was the big guy sitting to your left on the Bffi).

Later

Niklas

Niklas,

No problem....I hope we will meet again and I will bring it with me along with some new stuff I have in mind ;)

Cencalfly,

Thnx very much...I like the reactions most from people who have seen these things in real life (or actually I like all the reactions but these are the most usefull to me). I have to do it with pictures from the internet and out of books so it is a bit of a gamble on the color and size. By now I met quite some people who have these things in their back yard or in a river near by and they all say that I did a good job so that's good. Please say thanks to your wife for me too because any "Oh my goodness wow" will make my day ;)

Greets Paul