Fly Tying
Fontinalis

Classic Winged Wet Fly Swap

Could I join This one too. I am tying the wet fly coachman for the Royal swap and I am getting quite obsessed with the wet flys. I like the old montreal to tie.

Thanks

Jon

Hi JonG & troutguy:

You have both been added to the list of tyers for this swap. Welcome aboard and thanks for joining. Please look at the very first post in the thread to view the list of tyers and patterns that they will be tying.

There is only one spot left open to fill this swap. When the swap fills or the deadline is reached I will close the swap out to any others and post my mailing address. This swap is shaping up to be a good one. Thanks to all who have joined thus far. Lets see if we can get that last person needed to fill this swap. :yahoo:

Oh I'm in. Been tying some quillwings lately anyway. I'll do a little looking to decide on a pattern and let you know. Can't believe I nearly missed it!

Deeky

Hi Everyone:

The Swap is full! :yahoo: :headbang:

What I need from all tyers who have'nt decided on the pattern to please let me know what your tying as soon as possible.

To all tyers, please see the very first post in the thread. I have listed my address and a few other minor details that you will need to do to help me make this swap a success. Thanks to all that joined and I can hardly wait to see every ones work. I have just started tying my flies and the only other thing to say to everyone is get tying :yahoo:

Mostly for material purposes and time, I am a little low on some needed materials for this style, put me down for the Gold Ribbed Hares Ear. Sorry for leading everyone in the blue bottle direction but it was all good info, and much appreciated, thanks.

Fontinalis,

I know you reference Bergman and Sawada. I have access to neither of those. I am assuming you are simply trying to define any classic quill wing pattern? I've got some good ones in front of me, but not sure if they are in Bergman. Let me know.

Deeky

Hi Deeky:

If you have a classic quill wing pattern in front of you, I am quite sure it will be in one of Bergmans books. I am not going to hold no one to this if they do not have access to either Bergman or Sawada. If you have a classic quill wing wet fly, by all means please let me know and feel free to tye it for the swap.

I'm hoping this set is getting mailed out this weekend. :whistle:

Ugh! I posted this reply in the wrong topic - intended for another swap I'm involved in. I'm working on my flies but only have maybe 4 good ones ready to go. Very sorry for the confusion.