Fly Tying
Fontinalis

Classic Winged Wet Fly Swap

I bet most guys are ok with tying a fly each for him and if there is a way to send them on to him I suggest we do this...

That is a good idea.

I bet most guys are ok with tying a fly each for him and if there is a way to send them on to him I suggest we do this...

That is a good idea.

Works for me.

Hi Old Hat:

I received your flies. Very nice job on tying the flies. I see these catching some fish this upcoming year.

Thanks

Fontinalis

Thanks Andy for letting me know they made it.

I learned a good lesson from this swap. It was the first time I sat down and tied a quantity of winged wets. I learned that the quill compresses differently as you move up the the feather. I took the best from the center of the feather not getting into the flimsy bottom quills or the stiffer top quills but there was still a difference and that accounted for an inconsistent wing width between say fly 1 and fly 3 even though I would pull the same measurement of quill off. Doesn't effect one individual fly but does make a difference when your trying to tie a dozen and have all the wings as identical as possible.

Hi swappers:

The deadline is approaching and I am asking for status on every ones flies. I would like to have all of them on 12/20/08 so I can take pictures and package them up over the weekend and get them into the mail. I really want to swappers to get flies on Xmas or before New Years.

Thanks

Andy

Sassy Cats were on the way yesterday. Should be there in time, but I forgot about the whole holiday mailing rush. Should be awefully close.

Deeky

mlwebb:

I received your flies in the mail today. Nice flies. I never tried these flies for fishing and it looks like I should. Good job.

deeky:

I will let you know when they arrive.

Thanks

Fontinalis

Deeky:

I received your flies today. Thanks for getting them to me. You did a really nice job on them.

Isonychia:

I received your flies today. Nice job. Flies look clean and smoothe.

Attention swappers, I have sent PM's to all and have a status for every one in the swap:

1) Linesides dropped out, received this message today

2) Troutguys flies are in the mail heading to my house.

3) Jon G's flies are being finished and should have been shipped today.

As soon as I receive the last batch of flies I am ready to start sorting and packaging and ready to mail out in one days turn around.

Fontinalis

AKA: Andy Brasko

P.S. I will be taking a few more photo's of the flies I just received. When I place the flies in the mail I will post the pictures for all to see.