Fly Tying
Fontinalis

Classic Winged Wet Fly Swap

I never tried these flies for fishing and it looks like I should.

In this company, my flies would be the ones to fish! :)

I am going to try them in April, for the green caddis hatch on the Mckenzie River (OR), my home water. The flies name (McKenzie) makes me wonder if it derives from the river (or some old Scot named Mckenzie)?

thank you for hosting.

Michael

Fontinalis

Thanks for the compliment.

How's the Beaverkill these days? I moved from Sullivan County in 1996 to down here and I miss having trout fishing close by.

Hi every one:

I am still waiting on one set of flies that were supposed to have been tied and mailed out. As an update I have taken pictures of all the swap flies that I currently have. I will post the pictures for all to see. In the mean time I was was going to wait until this coming Wednesday December 31, 2008. I feel if I do not have the last package I am going to send the flies out to all that have participated and have been patiently waiting. I am asking If this is OK with every one, or would you like me to send them out A.S.A.P. I will be sending the extra flies to Frank for him and his brother to use if all swappers do not mind.

Thank You

Andy BRasko

AKA: Fontinalis

P.S If I do receive the last set of flies I will take a picture and post it seperately. I wanted all to see every ones geat work.

Hi every one:

I am still waiting on one set of flies that were supposed to have been tied and mailed out. As an update I have taken pictures of all the swap flies that I currently have. I will post the pictures for all to see. In the mean time I was was going to wait until this coming Wednesday December 31, 2008. I feel if I do not have the last package I am going to send the flies out to all that have participated and have been patiently waiting. I am asking If this is OK with every one, or would you like me to send them out A.S.A.P.

Thank You

Andy BRasko

P.S If I do receive the last set of flies I will take a picture and post it seperately. I wanted all to see every ones geat work.

Fine with me to wait. Thanks for hosting Andy.

Hi every one:

I am still waiting on one set of flies that were supposed to have been tied and mailed out. As an update I have taken pictures of all the swap flies that I currently have. I will post the pictures for all to see. In the mean time I was was going to wait until this coming Wednesday December 31, 2008. I feel if I do not have the last package I am going to send the flies out to all that have participated and have been patiently waiting. I am asking If this is OK with every one, or would you like me to send them out A.S.A.P. I will be sending the extra flies to Frank for him and his brother to use if all swappers do not mind.

Thank You

Andy BRasko

Sounds good. Thanks Andy.

Hello Wet Fly Swappers:

I did not receive the last batch of flies on Wednesday nor have I received any replies back to my PM'S. I have sorted and packaged up all the flies up today. All the packages will be placed in Fridays January 2, 2009 mail. Please let me know when your flies arrive. I want to thank everyone who participated and helped to make this a successfull swap. All the extra swap flies that were tied for the participants that dropped out were sent to Student4evr for him and his brother to use. Lastly Happy New Years and look forward to running this swap again at the end of 2009.

Sincerely

Andy Brasko

Hello Wet Fly Swappers:

I did not receive the last batch of flies on Wednesday nor have I received any replies back to my PM'S. I have sorted and packaged up all the flies up today. All the packages will be placed in Fridays January 2, 2009 mail. Please let me know when your flies arrive. I want to thank everyone who participated and helped to make this a successfull swap. All the extra swap flies that were tied for the participants that dropped out were sent to Student4evr for him and his brother to use. Lastly Happy New Years and look forward to running this swap again at the end of 2009.

Sincerely

Andy Brasko

Thanks Andy for all help, the work and for putting this one together.

Andy,

I received the flies today. Great ties by everyone. Thanks for hosting. I am looking forward to trying them out.

Tim

Got my package today also...great flies to add to the collection. Thanks Andy for pulling off another successful swap, and thanks everyone for participating. Cant wait till the fall "Andy's wet fly swap" CJ

This was the best quality of flies I have ever received in a swap. I tied a fly that I use to fish; it's very buggy, a true Catskill tie. You guys tied show quality.

Andy thank you, I never received a letter in a swap either. You run a great swap. If you run others, put me down and tell me what I'm tying.

Guys thanks, great flies.

I got my flies yesterday. All of them very nice. Thanks everyone.

I don't do much fishing - being in Ohio - but I would love to catch some trout on beautiful wet flies on some travels. A question though - wouldn't I want much smaller flies to fish with than the 8s and 6s most of us tied?

I figure more like 12 or even 14s for fishing...

Your thoughts?