Fly Tying

By the way, awesome flies. I do well with #10-12 up there (not as well as with the garden browns, but that is a different story!) <_<

By the way, awesome flies. I do well with #10-12 up there (not as well as with the garden browns, but that is a different story!) <_<

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the info about Iceland.

A friend told me some time ago and I have already made my move and are now waitng for the final deal to come through. :yahoo:

So there will (hopefully) be a lot more tying of small salmon flies for the Atlantic salmon visiting the rivers of the Volcano island.

What was your favorite fly when you fished for salmon up there?

Regards

Jens

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the info about Iceland.

A friend told me some time ago and I have already made my move and are now waitng for the final deal to come through. :yahoo:

So there will (hopefully) be a lot more tying of small salmon flies for the Atlantic salmon visiting the rivers of the Volcano island.

What was your favorite fly when you fished for salmon up there?

Regards

Jens

My Grandfather does really well with a Collie Dog, size 10, Thunder and Lightning #12-10, Green Highland #12-10, Munro Killer #12-10, Red Francis #12-10, White Wing, and others. I caught my last one on a fly called the Krafla that I bought up there. It is like a Red Francis, sort of. It was #12, orange color. It almost looks like a very small toilet bowl scrubber!

Hi all

I can see on this topic that the discussion is Iceland. Yes it is very exspensive to fish for salmon here in Iceland. Where in world can you hook as many Atlantic salmon without leaving civilliation as here in Iceland. I am a professional guide in Iceland and have been for many years. Last summer I was guiding in a small beat in the river I have been guiding mostly. I was there for three days and guiding two rods. We landed 65 grils and just imagine how many we lost, and we did not even use our time quiet well. This beat is self-catering and it cost my costumers around 1000 US dollars pr. day for fishing. They will be back next summer. :rolleyes:

What I use in hook are size # 12 and # 14. The flies I use are following: Haugur, Von, Hrútur,Klaki, Black Sheep, Silver Sheep Collie Dog, Green Braham Icelandic version, Munro's Killer, Black and Blue, Sun Ray Shadow and rifling hitch tubes

post-16260-1229188969_thumb.jpg

Mr Haugur in action

post-16260-1229187677_thumb.jpg

Hi all

I can see on this topic that the discussion is Iceland. Yes it is very exspensive to fish for salmon here in Iceland. Where in world can you hook as many Atlantic salmon without leaving civilliation as here in Iceland. I am a professional guide in Iceland and have been for many years. Last summer I was guiding in a small beat in the river I have been guiding mostly. I was there for three days and guiding two rods. We landed 65 grils and just imagine how many we lost, and we did not even use our time quiet well. This beat is self-catering and it cost my costumers around 1000 US dollars pr. day for fishing. They will be back next summer. :rolleyes:

What I use in hook are size # 12 and # 14. The flies I use are following: Haugur, Von, Hrútur,Klaki, Black Sheep, Silver Sheep Collie Dog, Green Braham Icelandic version, Munro's Killer, Black and Blue, Sun Ray Shadow and rifling hitch tubes

post-16260-1229188969_thumb.jpg

Mr Haugur in action

Hi Mikey

Thanks for your reply and your fly advice.

Haugur

Also thanks to you for your fly advice. Which hooks do you use treble doubles or singel hooks.

I also need to ask you about the fly that have your name how is it dressed?

Another question to you as a guide. The disinfection of fishing gear in the airport do you know the price how much they charge?

regards

Jens

Haugur

Thread: UNI 0/8 Orange or Fire Orange

Longtail Black Arctic Runner twice as long as the hook whit two crystal pearl flash

Body: Mylar Flos

Throat: Kingfisher Blue hæna

Wing: Black Arctic Runner back to the bend of the hook, two blue crystal pearl flash.

Head UNI 0/8 Orange or Fire Orange

I use treble hook kamasan salmon low water tie body nr 14 on hook # 12 and body nr 16 on # 14 hook

I can not rember the prize but i will make a phonecall for you and you will have the details later

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.