Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
willowhead

Somerset pics here

Steve, i know Doug from where he works in Montana. i see him a couple times a year whenever i'm in that fly shop..........it's one of the best in Montana. George Anderson's, in Livingston.....right on the Yellowstone. The Yellowstone is my favorite BIG river in Montana.........and Livingston is where it turns east. It runs north out of "The Park" until it hits Livingston where it turns east............LOTS of fish Bro. Cutts, Bows, Browns, Cuttbows, and Whitefish........locate yourself in Livingston and from there, your only a half hour to Bozeman, (the Gallatin, and East Gallatin), to the west.....a half hour to the Shields, to the east and another half hour further to the east to the Boulder.....and allll the famous Spring Creeks are right there.....Nelsons, De Puy's, Armstrongs.....along the road to "The Park, (one hour south).....plus Mill Creek is along that road. And as soon as you get in "The Park" you can go hit the Lamare, Soda Butte and Slew Creek. And there's so much more but the thing is.....Livingston is a GREAT place to get yourself a place for the summer or whatever and just fish your way alllll around it in any direction. Montana is HUGE......and there are so many rivers.........it's STUPID.......but i can't think of a better place to be situated and fish from, than Livingston...........there are others, Dillon.....West Yellowstone.....and i've done 'em all.....but i prefere to stay in Livingston and fish outta there. Plus the Internationl Fly Fishing Museum is there, and real good resturants, a good car-wash, bout 5 top notch fly shops, and good shopping for boots, etc. NO sales tax in Montana......... :yahoo: Ya gotta check it out Bro. Life's to short not to. Do it while your young and while they still haven't totally ruined Montana. I been goin' there every year since 2002, and it's changed a lot just in that time. They over-developing it like mad.........if you snooze, you looze. Go now.....while you can still be, "Haunted by Waters." mark..... ;)