Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
supaflygsr

2nd attempt

My hackles are mismatched size wise, it needs a tail and the colors seem off but other than that I kinda like it :P

tag: silver oval tinsel

Body: shellfish pink floss

rib: silver oval tinsel

thorax:pink sow scud dubbing

rib: silver ultra wire

1st hackle: white

wing: grizzly saddle

2nd hackle: grizzly saddle

Joshsflys007-1.jpg

Joshsflys008-1.jpg

its funny, i palmer hackle all the time for dries and woolly buggers...but i've never had to PLACE a hackle right behind a wire then counter rib it...you guys are insane! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Insane, moi? ok, I'll give you that one. Very nice even rib dimension. If I make one critisism, that would be to use the Whiting Sclappen so the barbule lenght is more consistently sized. Other than that little thing, nice tying.

Cheers, Futzer.

yeh my hackle selection is kind of poor

the white is off of a herbert miner cape and the grizzly is a no name woolly bugger saddle

thanks for the tip!

No worries, everything else is beautiful. Oh and for palmering along the rib, you can strip the barbs off one side of the white Hackle feather. Futz

thanks for that tip too! i like my buggers loaded down with hackle but i think stripping one side and giving this fly a lighter hackle would have been a great idea!

Wooly buggers throw darts and drink a pint of Guiness. Atlantic salmon flies, drink fine single malt highland scotch from Islay, and well, fish for Atlantic salmon.

Cheers, Futzer.

i like it........not bad at all.........prolly like it more if the wing were layin' lower..........but hey, it's your fly. And btw, there's absolutely nothin' wrong with a Hebert Minor Cape.......great stuff. Your doin' just fine...........keep it up. mark..... ;) p.s. far as bein' insane goes...........you know what Travolta said in the movie, after he'd stollen the jet AND DAH BOMB! and his co-pilot was soundin' him bout it(?)............."aint it cool." :P :hyst:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this