Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
spinner

Favorite tying material?

deer hair-spinning grasshopper heads.Marabou,cdc,badger saddle hackle,Rabbit and squierrl dubbing,And 2mm foam..............In that order

shane

My favorite is hare's mask. It is so flexible material - there are dark hair areas, cream hair areas and best of all the motley areas, you can have long hairs or short hairs, soft or spiky structure, just make your pick!

My second favorite are CDC feathers. These are also very variable - they add floatability to dry flies, lively movement to sunk flies and are so wonderfully semi transparent and lively I can't help but love them.

On the other hand Im becoming less and less enthusiastic about synthetics.

My favorite tying material's are :

1 pheasant tail (I go through ton's of it)

2 Any kind of dubbing ( mostly seal hair and ice dub)

3 Whiting's pro grade hackle's

What the heck is a "raccoon dog?"

Its a furbearing mammal native to China, Korea and Japan that really does look like a cross between a dog and a raccoon. It is distantly related to dogs (canidae family) but not related to raccoons. Do a google image search.

Favorite material? I'd have to say plain wool yarn. Jameison's makes some mottled yarns that make great nymphs. Might not be Chadwick's 477, but the trout don't seem to care.