Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Twist

Beginner's Full Dress?

Yes, I have read his lesson's several times. I'm Confused on tying Gut Eye's though. I don't know where to begin, Even Youtube dosen't yield any results on how to tie them. If someone could help me out here, It would be much appreciated!

-Mark

if you are talking about tying in the gut on a hook go to classicflytying.com then go to the classic and art flies in the pined portion is tying the woody follow the step he shows

Rocky

Thanks Very much Rocky,I appreciate it,I had no idea that it Could be that Simple! :lol: I thought you had to snell it or some nonsense like that. Now are gut eye's good for fishing applications or just for show?

SHOW.. you can use for fishing but you need to tie it in full length of the hook shank and gut is expensive

I would start with eyed hooks tell you get good with diff. tec. then go to blind eyed hooks

Rocky

I didn't notice any one answer your question about died goose. Yes you can purchase it that way, Wapsi makes about 20 colors. If your local shop doesn't stock it, you can find it online.

Get your dyed goose from feathersmc.com. It will be the best quality goose you can find. The colors are great, the feathers are large, and pretty much all of the material is useful. That is by far your best source for any of the classic materials.

Looking at FeathersMC, Whole golden Pheasant heads (crest and tippet) are the same price as full pelts w/head , Are there many uses for the body and wing feathers, or will it just take up extra space?

The other feathers in a pelt will last you a very long time, infact far longer that the crest will last.

Cheers, Futzer.

The other feathers in a pelt will last you a very long time, infact far longer that the crest will last.

Cheers, Futzer.

So they are used for tying purposes then?

Yes they are used for tying. But I'd reccomend getting a pelt with or without the head and a seperate crest and tippet patch because the seperate ones are higher quaility then all attached (usually).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this