Fly Tying
CoachBob

Tie or Fish -- Which do you do

Tidewaterfly.....you BETTER get to tyin' NOW........trust me, once you retire.......you'll have even less time. :hyst: :lol: :P :D :o :help: :dunno: :angry: :rolleyes: in that order. ;)

oooh oooh I fish more and the dead of winter if my favorite time.

I wish I had a tying buddy, then maybe I'd tie more.

I have a stocked pond in my back yard and also a rice canal that borders my property. And some of the best inland saltwater fishing in the world is just minutes from my house. And I still tie more than I fish.

I tie way more than fish. In fact between high gas prices and some other stuff goin on this spring/summer I barely got out 3 times where it's more normal for me to get out almost weekly, and my doctor just told me that my vitamin D level has dropped so far below what's considered healthy he's never seen such a low level before.

I always knew animals had to get sunlight to produce vitamin D but didn't people had to also until I did a little research last week.

I'm not sure it was the amount of time I spent indoors this year, though I spent more time inside than I have since I was a kid, but I'm gonna be sitting under my daylight lamp a few minutes everyday!

Willowhead, I tied commercially for many years, and my fly boxes are pretty well stocked, but there's always something new or different to tie! I still have some years left before I can retire, but I just wish I had more time NOW! :(

Thanks for your concern though! :rolleyes:

:dunno: :hyst:

I started tying this year simply because, in the long run, it's much more cost effective than buying flies... I started off fishing way more, and tying only to replenish my box, but in the past few months I've been tying pretty much every day. I would have to say, I enjoying tying as much as fishing.

My tying stuff is at the shop so I tie when I dont have guide trips or personal fishing days.

well the vise is in my tyin room at the house and my favorite fishin spot is 45 minutes way soo I tie more than I fish! wish it was the other way around!

It depends on what time of year it is. In the winter, I tie more than I fish, but I do fish. I'll tie lots of flies that I know I'll lose throughout the year. Build up my supply. The rest of the year I fish more than I tie. And lose flies! :D

I tie more than a fish, If i Had a better means of transportation, I could fish alot more though.

I'm totally amped about spring! Screw winter holidays, the first day of spring is where the party's at! :P

I tie more than I fish, enjoy them both. Recently got back into some woodworking (Intarsia). Still do some tying, can't get away from the tying and fishing.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll