Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Hey claudia i belive those are crystal meth eggs

Yes, you are correct.

They are used in the great lakes area.

Yes, you are correct.

They are used in the great lakes area.

ups there are no great lakes in dk. but there are some in sweden. hm, ill modyfie the pattern and se if i can work something out in the spirit of this one that will work for small waters in dk

thank you

Regards Claudia

jimmywhiplash. please do, i like to see youre flies :)

I tied some Bead Head Caddis Nymphs. They are great on my local streams. Tied them in 12-20. Tan and Olive

post-11072-1229305088_thumb.jpg

Here's this weekends playing around with my new vise. Front left is a pile of BH Prince Nymphs (16 and 18s), Zebra Midges (22's), Serentipities (22's), and Craft Store Midges (18's and 20's), Front center are some BH Sparkle PT's in olive (16s), Back center are bendbacks in 4 and 1/0, and the center of the frame is the start of trying to tie 14 dozen flies for a Casting for Recovery event. These are Charlie Craven's CB Hoppers in size 10.

weekend.jpg

None of them are spectacular, but a few of 'em should catch fish.

I just finish an order for a customer in Wyoming for several dozen Sandy Mites (one of the Potts series of flies). The body and hackle are tied out of horse mane. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Al, I tie most of my nymphs with the pots weave and horse hair.

I also tie a cranefly imitation with horse mane and potts weave. The hackle is weaved in with the hair.

The fly is indestructible.

My fav river (The Big Lost River) is full of them so pulling them upstream (even against the current) snakes out killer strikes.

Nice flies, sweet dyna king, how did you make those hoppers? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky with that Dyna-King, it's a Barracuda Indexer that I got a "couldn't pass up" deal on. I'm still getting used to it, but I like it very much so far.

The hopper is from Charlie's Fly Box: Charlie Boy Hopper. The only differences on mine are that I'm using brown web-wing (couldn't find tan at the shop), and I put about 8 strands of "Fire Orange" Fluorescent Krystal Flash between the web-wing and the deer hair. They're a pretty quick tie and float like a cork.

Some #10 woven body nymphs.

Jup, thats my soft spot.... woven bodys :headbang:

Sweet nymphs

C

Those are great looking flies Jack. I have been practicing on the woven body technique for some time. Coming along very slowly though. GOOD JOB!

Thanks for the comment. I used some inexpensive embroidery floss (35 cents a skein) from Michael's craft store. I think the secret is to use materials that have the same diameter and texture in order to have a smooth body. Using different diameters usually ends up with the thicker diameter overwhelming the smalller diameter.