Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

I was tying up some weighted stonefly nymphs, when I noticed someone left the lid off my fly can. So I had to tie up another dozen of these.

Opps, almost forgot, here are the stonefly nymphs too. They ride hook up.

post-12074-1304287310_thumb.jpg

post-12074-1304287438_thumb.jpg

Guest Leteras

Here are a couple of my flies from my vise. The caddis is called Luminous Maximus and it glows in the dark and the other is my semi realistic black stonefly. I have caught quite a few steelhead on both of these.

post-33329-1304362979_thumb.jpg

post-33329-1304363013_thumb.jpg

From time to time I find it helpful to go back and review basics. I recently bought one of Charlie Cravens books on beginning fly tying even though I have been tying off and on for a LOOOOOONG time. Just getting seriously into making them perfect now rather than just fishable. That being said I spent an hour or so watching TV and tying a dozen size 20 and a dozen size 22 brassies. Tonight I will do a dozen more in each size of red. Next up...ZEBRA MIDGES and POISON TUNGS. Bighorn trip with our 7th and 8th grade flytying club kids on the 20th...I am sure they will all disappear from my box to some kids on that day...thats GOOD thing.

I've been tying these little guys in sizes 8-12.

post-32910-1304456243_thumb.jpg

FlyFishin',

Many of the digitial cameras have color correction, and there are editing programs you can get (some free,) on the Internet, that will clean up and color correct, white balance etc.

Flies look pretty good to me.

Thankyou for the hints, i tried a little white balance, now i just have to figure a way to install either my camera's software on my work computer or install it at home sometime and have a play. At home should be easy :) So i will try that on the w/e.

Anyway i tied up some more of these Anadromus clousers, seemed to work really well for steelhead in high, dirty water.

post-29540-0-35568800-1304619839_thumb.jpg

*edit* with the new format here, i guess i have to re-size images to a decent size to view now? Everything seems Giant. Oooops, *edit i think i fixed it*

I have never seen a catalpa worm, but I have found the tomato worm in my crops. So here is a take on the tomato worm. Kind of reminds me of the Hookah smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland, or maybe Jefferson Airplane.

post-12074-0-84975600-1304803714_thumb.jpg

I'm tying Georgous Georges, Octopuses, Black and olive palmer of my own creation, damsels, Hairy Mary, Blue charms and Snatchers, I'm especially enjoying the wets though loads o skill involved

Okay so in my continuation of working my way through Charlie Cravens book and in view of our fly fishing club trip down the Bighorn on Friday this week I am now on fly number 4...

1st was brassies

2nd was zebra midges

3rd was zebra midge emergers

Up this week from Nates fly bench (kitchen counter) will be RS2's....olive, tan, and adams grey size 18 and 20

can't believe that this topic that has been running for 3 years just suddenly vanished back in May. Let's keep this going.

Interesting thread!

I have been working on this fly for well over a month, and I am about to put head cement on it and call it a fly. My first Ronn Lucas hook, so you can see why I would take my time on this one.

Phew!!!

SheZ

post-12607-1228602876_thumb.jpg

That is a work of art. I have been tying for several years, mostly rough looking trout or steelhead flies that fish. Would love to learn to tie like this.

I am new to tying salmon and steelhead flies. These are a few I recently tied. Some are I saw here some I used ideas I got from what I have seen on this and other sites.streamers2009.jpgstreamers2001-1.jpgstreamers2003-1.jpgstreamers2010-1.jpgstreamers2004-1.jpgstreamers2006-1.jpg

Soft Hackle Stones...

INYOWINSTONE-3-.jpg

INYO WINSTONE (capnia Inyo)

RFSSTONE-3-.jpg

RAT FACED SPIDER – Pettine / Variant…Tilted view

BROWNHALOSTONESH-1-.jpg

BROWN HOLO STONE – Egry-Davies / Variant…Tilted view…

MIRAGECOPPERSEXYSTONEV-1-.jpg

MIRAGE COPPER SEXY STONE – Gauerke / Variant…Tilted view…

PT/TB ;)

i have been tying baby crayfish patterns in olive. im hoping too catch some nice trout through the ice with them.. i also tied some larva