Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

What's the body made of? Sparkle braid? Cool little fly. I can see why the mallard was giving you fits... that's a lot of wing.

What's the body made of? Sparkle braid? Cool little fly. I can see why the mallard was giving you fits... that's a lot of wing.

This one is sparkle braid. Others he had were gold and silver krystal flash just wound up the hook shank. It's a small streamer, tied on a Sz 8 2x hook. Very light and can be stripped just under the surface or bounced in the bottom with some heavy shot.

It's amazing how we can spend so much time trying to tie the "perfect fly," but it all comes down to knowing where the fish are and how to present the fly. I could have the fanciest fly tied on my tippet that anyone on this forum could tie and my dad could be fishing with the aluminum foil blob and still curb stomp me. :D

Krystal flash on a hook, eh? Sounds so easy...

here are a couple of variations I've been playing with. I like the marabou wing, but should probably thin it out just a bit. The other is tied with pheasant rump as the wing. You can't really see it in my crappy photo, but it has a nice "blue" in the feather. The shanks are wrapped with flash. Should look "minnowy" enough. Gonna hit the crappoes with them this spring.

post-20880-1268521845_thumb.jpg

post-20880-1268521885_thumb.jpg

It's amazing how we can spend so much time trying to tie the "perfect fly," but it all comes down to knowing where the fish are and how to present the fly. I could have the fanciest fly tied on my tippet that anyone on this forum could tie and my dad could be fishing with the aluminum foil blob and still curb stomp me. :D

Krystal flash on a hook, eh? Sounds so easy...

I know what ya mean, brother. And this pattern is ultra easy. Even I couldn't srew it up too bad.

Glad to see you posted some photos. Nice work but I cant say as I am surprised. Go get ready for work donkey!

My homework is finally done. So I have been reading Tying with foam fur and feathers. I played around with some different ant and bee patterns. Here are two photos and I am posting the rest in the other threads.

post-10276-1268525007_thumb.jpg

post-10276-1268525075_thumb.jpg

Tied a few gnats so that I could work on my heads and cast offs. I was happy with the last few. Finished the last of the sweepers. This was before the gnat practice.

post-25345-1268526667_thumb.jpg

nice. I like it. Does it drift well?

SP,

Lookng good with the foam, man! Your skills are improving with each fly!

You're welcome , Jeff. Well deserved!

Nealbo,

all this time spent tying today and that's all you and Dart can whip out? For shame. You may want to consider leaving the wet bar for after the tying session!

You should check out the Walle wing....It's really amazing compared to the regular technique.

We got up about 6 this morning and started tying. Chris you little words gave us a little kick in the butt. Hope you like.

post-1887-1268589762_thumb.jpg

post-1887-1268589846_thumb.jpg