Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Not a fly, but from the vice.

A friend told me that she had a pair of feather earings and they got messed up so I decided to make her something with some of my fly tying supplies.

I had a pair of peacock pheasant that wasn't suitable for a fly, cut some shanks short and bingo!

I found it hard because I had to tie the goose shoulder in left handed (hard enough to do regularly) but it only took about an hour and a half all together.

I hope this isn't so far off topic.

S

That's really is a nice thing to do. Great work :clapping:

Not a fly, but from the vice.

A friend told me that she had a pair of feather earings and they got messed up so I decided to make her something with some of my fly tying supplies.

I had a pair of peacock pheasant that wasn't suitable for a fly, cut some shanks short and bingo!

I found it hard because I had to tie the goose shoulder in left handed (hard enough to do regularly) but it only took about an hour and a half all together.

I hope this isn't so far off topic.

S

Thats really cool! I sell peacock eyes to my sister for earring making :thumbsup:

Here is my weeks work.....Actually I tied all these yesterday. Thats alotta bulls eye crickets! Im tying them for a guy I know. The dragon fly I was just doodling, a slight variation on a popular theme. I made it so this baby rides ontop of the water, instead of flat on the surface. :yahoo:

Jan

post-17709-1240252575_thumb.jpg

post-17709-1240252630_thumb.jpg

post-17709-1240252647_thumb.jpg

post-17709-1240252667_thumb.jpg

golden_woody_emerger.jpg

Golden Woody Emerger

Hook: Tiemco 2487H #12

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Collar: Woodduck barbs, from half lemon, half barred feather

Rib: Narrow straw plastic strip from produce bag, corded

Abdomen: Pale yellow and pale dun mink underfur, mixed, in split thread, twisted

Rear thorax: Argentinean hare, amber, and mink underfur, tan, mixed

Wing: Snowshoe hare, cream

Front thorax: Argentinean hare, amber, and mink underfur, tan, mixed

Cheers,

Hans W

post-3247-1240279873_thumb.jpg

This is the first fly I've tied in -- gee, it's been so long I can't even remember. Certainly a couple of months at least. This was the next one in alphabetical order for my Bergman wet fly collection. Turned out to be a toughie -- the teal flank doesn't want to marry to the goose shoulder below or the mottled turkey above.

John

amethyst_spider.jpg

Amethyst Spider

Hook: Tiemco 102Y #15

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, grey

Hackle: Whiting Brahma saddle, mottled

Abdomen: Barbs from lower section of a saddle hackle, dyed purple, and two strands of krystal flash, twisted

Thorax: Argentinean hare, dark grey

Cheers,

Hans W

John,what a great wet fly, like it very much :)

Hans,you have don it again great flies as always :)

Regards

Micke

Hans, this latest set of soft-hackles are some of the most inventive tying I've seen in quite a while!

And SmallieFanatic, those crickets are the bomb. Bet they'd be great early-morning flies on most any spring creek!

SheZ, those earrings are terrific. Bet she loves 'em!

And Utyer, the wings on your flies aren't "upside down." There are four ways to wing a classic wet, and you chose one of the four. Just because it differs from the illustration in Bergman doesn't make it wrong. The four ways: Tips up, wings flared; tips up, wings together; tips down, wings flared; and tips down, wings together. None is "right" or "wrong;" it just depends on the tyer's desired application and aesthetic taste.

John

Congratulations, Claudia! This is now officially a 1,000-post thread!!!!! :yahoo:

Thanks to all who continue to post flies. It's fun to check the thread each day and see the eye candy consistently posted here.

John

Thanks to Every one of you, for the great work and huge inspiration you all been sharing in here !!!

Thanks to all of you i no longer need to think of what to tie, ill just have a look in here.

Bearhug to all of you C

Original name of thes flies are BAMBULA, I made it from polyuretane or balsa wood. Thes flies are extremly efective for Chub or trout in somer time. When fly arive on water surfice, "PLOP" sound is famouse triger for dreemy fish.

post-16735-1240344986_thumb.jpg