Fly Tying
mcfluffchucker

show us your bench

That's really nice. I have to ask, Where did you get those wood drawer units? I would really like to get one of those. I tie in my livingroom and try to keep thing neat looking. Thanks

Jeremy

I got them from a hardware store here in Canada, called Totem, they are the DIY kind very easy to build. They are American so you should be able to find them..

Sorry I recycled the boxes and can't remember the name of the maker...

Dont hate me beacuse I'm beautiful :D Sorry for the burry in a few pics....didnt know the flash wasnt on. Its 12'x40' with full surround sound and video lol

room001.jpg

room002.jpg

room005.jpg

room4.jpg

roll.jpg

Man that is the best, When Ann and I build our home that is what I will have..

Is some of that retail ?

How old are the reels in the display case..

and what the hell is the frying pan on the floor for? Issues with "She whom must be obeyed" :j_k:

Steve i really like your "room" i mean desk :hyst:

lots of rods you have.... i really like the room

That's really nice. I have to ask, Where did you get those wood drawer units? I would really like to get one of those. I tie in my livingroom and try to keep thing neat looking. Thanks

Jeremy

I got them from a hardware store here in Canada, called Totem, they are the DIY kind very easy to build. They are American so you should be able to find them..

I found them on the Totem website and found some retailers in my area. Thanks. I have to say, you have some expensive furniture in there.

Jeremy

Here is mine. Oasis pedistal base. compact, easy to move around and take just about anywhere. I keep most of my material's in a nylon zippered bag that has several zip lock bags inside for plastic bass baits. Quite handy. Oasis has a mini tool base called the "midge base" that i'm thinking about getting. Small, not alot clutter to get in the way.

Randy

post-18805-1230945671_thumb.jpg

post-18805-1230946180_thumb.jpg

Jeremy

I found them on the Totem website and found some retailers in my area. Thanks. I have to say, you have some expensive furniture in there.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy and glad that you found the Chest of Drawers, The desk and furniture are a Retirement Present from my loving wife to me, I retired so we can be together more...

Here is mine. Oasis pedistal base. compact, easy to move around and take just about anywhere. I keep most of my material's in a nylon zippered bag that has several zip lock bags inside for plastic bass baits. Quite handy. Oasis has a mini tool base called the "midge base" that i'm thinking about getting. Small, not alot clutter to get in the way.

Randy

I have a small wooden box that I carry my travel vise (Griffin Odyssey) and materials.. The spot in the picture is my reward for surviving 24 years in the Canadian Army Signals Branch.. relatively sane and near human..

Randy

I have a small wooden box that I carry my travel vise (Griffin Odyssey) and materials.. The spot in the picture is my reward for surviving 24 years in the Canadian Army Signals Branch.. relatively sane and near human..

Congrat's on the retirement and making thru intact.

Randy

Congrat's on the retirement and making thru intact.

Thanks and considering what is happening to both our armies I feel damn lucky, a few injuries,enough to keep me from working, but not enough to keep me from fishing some, of course not as much as I would like but...

I designedd it, my grandfather built it from quartersawn oak from our property.

P7270002.jpg

PB150023.jpg

WOW!

KB, thats not a bench, thats a miniature fly shop. Very nice sir! :bugeyes:

HA! Thanks. And that's only one corner. The other walls aren't exactly PG-13 rated....

Is some of that retail ?

and what the hell is the frying pan on the floor for? Issues with "She whom must be obeyed"

fairwxflyfish..nope none is retail, all my little corner of the world in my house ;) The hot plate is actually something I use for rod building. I use it to heat the 2 part epoxy to thin it out. The reels are a mix of different ages. Off the top of my head I have...Galvan Torque T8, Harris Solitude IV, Ross CLA, Redington CT, Trion, three Okuma Serrias, Three Okuma SLV's, Browning Royalist, and few old reels for my cane rods from about the 40's.

Is some of that retail ?

and what the hell is the frying pan on the floor for? Issues with "She whom must be obeyed"

fairwxflyfish..nope none is retail, all my little corner of the world in my house ;) The hot plate is actually something I use for rod building. I use it to heat the 2 part epoxy to thin it out. The reels are a mix of different ages. Off the top of my head I have...Galvan Torque T8, Harris Solitude IV, Ross CLA, Redington CT, Trion, three Okuma Serrias, Three Okuma SLV's, Browning Royalist, and few old reels for my cane rods from about the 40's.

Hi Steve

That is cool... a very nice set up... neat idea for the epoxy...any issue with fumes?

Nice Reels, I have a few antique rods and reels so was curious..

Its a 2 part epoxy that is used for rod finish so you heat the bottles with the tops on them to about 100 degrees, so no fume issues ;)

That's too bad cause if any of that stuff got any of that other stuff stinky then you may have to send it to Canada :j_k: