Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
seattlesetters

Vise Advice (Hee, hee, hee!)

Another update. I e-mailed fly tying specialties to ask if they had the micro jaws. Got a reply that they would be in this Friday @ $39.95. So I replyed if I order before the 31st. would I still get the 10% discount on the jaws also. Got a reply that they will apply discount to the complete order. With shipping that comes in at about $275. Will have do a phone order though,but you can't beat that with a stick ! Now i'm giving very serious thought to getting one instead of the DK Supreme. :dunno:

FYI

I can sell you a Standard for 205 and midge jaws for 30. New. If you are interested let me know. I tie on a spartan and love it.

Another update. I e-mailed fly tying specialties to ask if they had the micro jaws. Got a reply that they would be in this Friday @ $39.95. So I replyed if I order before the 31st. would I still get the 10% discount on the jaws also. Got a reply that they will apply discount to the complete order. With shipping that comes in at about $275. Will have do a phone order though,but you can't beat that with a stick ! Now i'm giving very serious thought to getting one instead of the DK Supreme. :dunno:

FYI

I can sell you a Standard for 205 and midge jaws for 30. New. If you are interested let me know. I tie on a spartan and love it.

Day5,

I've checked out your website and didn't notice that you sold tying tools. What would be the shipping cost?

Randy

FYI

Day5,

I've checked out your website and didn't notice that you sold tying tools. What would be the shipping cost?

Randy

Selling vises on the site requires an inventory. I did it for a while and sat on some cash for to long. That got expensive fast. So I only do vises ala cart. Shipping is 12 dollars USPS priority. Someday I will stock vises and have them back on the site but I need to free up the cash form other places first. It taks aboout 14 days for me to get you a vise (I order it and reship it to you).

FYI

Day5,

Randy

Selling vises on the site requires an inventory. I did it for a while and sat on some cash for to long. That got expensive fast. So I only do vises ala cart. Shipping is 12 dollars USPS priority. Someday I will stock vises and have them back on the site but I need to free up the cash form other places first. It taks aboout 14 days for me to get you a vise (I order it and reship it to you).

Day5,

If I decide to go with the HMH I will definately let you know. Will I need to call in the order?

FYI

Day5,

Randy

Day5,

If I decide to go with the HMH I will definately let you know. Will I need to call in the order?

Just email me through my web site and we can go over the details

Hello, I have both the Spartan and the Standard HMH and A D-K Professional. Of all three, my favorite is the HMH Standard. With the standard jaws that come with it you can tie just about any size hook except maybe the real large saltwater flies, then you would need the magnum jaws. The Spartan shares a lot of the same parts as the standard, the only difference is a slightly shorter barrel and smaller adjustment knobs. I just think the longer barrel is just more comfortable if you tie a lot of flies. HMH vices are hard to beat and they last forever.

Hello, I have both the Spartan and the Standard HMH and A D-K Professional. Of all three, my favorite is the HMH Standard. With the standard jaws that come with it you can tie just about any size hook except maybe the real large saltwater flies, then you would need the magnum jaws. The Spartan shares a lot of the same parts as the standard, the only difference is a slightly shorter barrel and smaller adjustment knobs. I just think the longer barrel is just more comfortable if you tie a lot of flies. HMH vices are hard to beat and they last forever.

My understanding is the standard also has a higher quality bearing system. Also HMH comes with its own forum! http://hmhvises.com/board/index.php