Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bob V.

unable to view jpegs in any posting

Hi'

I am a newbie and not a computer whiz, so I am probably doing something wrong. i have an account and am logged in and everything. whenever I open a topic which has JPEGS listed and I click on one I get a message that i do not have permission to view and I get a screen that tells me to login. i try that and it don,t work as I am already logged in. HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Bob V.

Bob,

Not sure what problem you are having, it should be working fine. Are you by change using AOL? I know that ISP tends to have more problems then others with the site for some reason.

Hi,

Thanks for the help so far. Cookies are OK. I use charter cable, yahoo and safari on an older mac with OSX software.

It looks like my problem is that I am interested in classic salmon type flies and have trouble with the "classic" forums. I guess my question should be, How do i transfer to those forums? I tried by googling but it won"t accept me there.

Thanks

Bob V.

Bob here's what your problem is. When you click the Classic forum here on FTF it redirects you to our sister site http://www.classicflytying.com/index.php?act=idx Now when it does that you have to log into that forum as well because you have to be logged into both sites, not just FTF which is why your probably mistakenly thinking your logged in. If you arent logged in to classic fly tying forum then the jpg pics will only show up as a link and when you click it it will tell you that you do not have permission because your not registered/logged in.

So simply log into http://www.classicflytying.com/index.php?act=idx and click "remember me" and the pics will show up for you and that should take care of your problem.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks much. Still hasn't solved problem.

Here's what I did to try and get in.

1. Logged on to flytying forum with to problem using my assigned user nme and password.

2. Went to site help and suggestions and to this set of posts.

3. Clicked on classic flytying forum using the address in your post.

4. That took me to the Classic Fly tying forum ok,

5. It asked me to log on, I did using same user name and password, also had remember me checked

6. Got board message saying that username or password was incorrect.

7.Tried a couple of more times then got a board message that my account was locked out,

I am really lost confused etc. But not read to give up. Do I start all over? Think I tried that once, but seem to remember it wouldn't happen because "some one else was already registered at that same e-mail address"

Thanks for your help, would appreciate any more as I am real fan pf classic salmon flies and also streamers.

THANKS THANKS THANKS

Bob V.

Bob,

On the classic site do the "forget your password" routine. You probably just need to reset your password on that site.