Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gill buster

ugh...

:wallbash:

so anyways.. got an olypmus 850 sw for christmas.. its supposed to have this great in camera panoramic setting and ART and 3-D functions on the computer but none of those are working.. btw olympus customer support sucks.. the email told me to try the panoramic function in a mode that doesnt allow it, what the heck...

on another note mom freaks out anytime i say water with the camera in my hand.. can i get some reassurance on its water proofnessnisity

thanks guys

and now i must apologize to olympus.... sorry olympus.. although the email contact method is rather slow at olympus a fairly short phone call considering the size of the company not only got me through to an english speaking no accent support tech but it also got my answer.. P mode found not on the dial but in auto mode by going through only one hurdle.. why they set it up that way i dont know but oh well.. but still just how waterproof are these things.. im sure after i dunk it once ill be fine with it but its that first plop of a brand new digital camera into water that gives me the shivers..

A buddy of mine has the waterproof Olympus and swears by it! I say dunk away and post some killer underwater shots! One thing he noted is that water spots are common on the lens after it gets wet. A microfiber cloth should solve that problem.