Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

South Central Pa.

This is a great site and I would like to thank Jim Hester for guiding me here through the RS.com site.

I started flyfishing and tying about 15 years ago. Muddy Run Park in Lancaster County was offering a course and I thought I would take it for something to do over those dark cold nights. That is where I first met Bob Clouser. Bob has guided my wife and I on several occassions on The Susquehanna River. We have been fortunate to have Bob as our first and only fly casting instructor.

My fly tying has taken many different directions. I have had several excellent instructors. My buddy, Bill, introduced me to classes at Trout Run. Where we mainly concentrated on trout flies.

However, my main interest is fly fishing for smallmouth. So each winter, I take a fly tying class with Ed Kraft through the Lancaster County Parks. Ed is a great guy and a fantastic instructor. Those who gather each winter with Ed are like family and I enjoy being with them.

I also have had the opportunity to learn from Bob Clouser at his shop in Middletown.

Thank you for having me as a member.

Welcome aboard SmalliesTB

This is a good place to share your ideas and learn a few tricks too.

No mater how long I have been tying I'm still learning things from other tiers.

so don't be afraid to show us a few that you know.

OSD.

Well it certainly sounds like you got pushed in the right direction by some very well known and respected fly fisherman!

I'm with you on the love for Smallies, and I look forward to see what your tying and be sure to post how your local waters have been doing in the "Fly Fishing Reports" forum.

Welcome STB, you couldn't have found a better place to visit. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your flies.

TroutBum

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!! SmallieHunter and I are smallie fanatics! Love gettin' that big Kentucky Smallie on my flies!! SH and I are trying to plan a trip sometime before now and eternity. If we can get the timing right, you may have to tag along with us!!!!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this