Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cole

Destin, FL area?

Heading there in May with the family, anyone have any info about the area as far as fishing?

Be sure to stop by Fudpuckers you can feed the alligators witch its really fun right before they get the meat in theyre mouths pull it away and they jump they have good sea food there :headbang:

There are some good links here from salty. Having lived in the area for 17 years before moving to Canada, I can tell you that anywhere you want to try, you'll most likely have fun. Myself , I liked fishing the jetties/beaches at the pass. There is ample parking under the bridge (west side, eastbound lane of 98). Just take a lil walk and start casting, lots of blues, reds,spanish, sharks, etc...Have fun and think of the sucker stuck in Canada... :thumbup:

Will be in the Palm Beach mid May for a week.

Hope to get a tug on the end of the line

wet

That's usually prime kingfish season if you can get out on a boat. At the inlets the snook usually start showing in good numbers around then, especially on days when the greenies are thick. On those days you can also tangle with, among other things, some huge jacks, but make sure you have some time to kill because a large jack in that current will keep you busy for a while. You can also try fishing the beaches at sunrise and sunset for snook, try deceivers or other streamers in all white.

Will be in the Palm Beach mid May for a week.

Hope to get a tug on the end of the line

wet

That's usually prime kingfish season if you can get out on a boat. At the inlets the snook usually start showing in good numbers around then, especially on days when the greenies are thick. On those days you can also tangle with, among other things, some huge jacks, but make sure you have some time to kill because a large jack in that current will keep you busy for a while. You can also try fishing the beaches at sunrise and sunset for snook, try deceivers or other streamers in all white.

Will do thanks for the imput !

wet

Pomps on the beach, wading for trout and redfish in the bay...Great time of year for the Panhandle.

Shoot me a PM with your contact info...If you have the time and I'm not on travel I would be happy to put you on fish in the Panama city area (hour east of Destin).

BTW That goes for any forum member :punk: