Fly Tying
Brian Brown75

my first classic

Here is my first classic fly, it has its flaws but im very proud of myself it took my about eight hours of nonstop tying to complete it The hackle looks trimmed but it is not hope you like it

Enjoy

post-16409-1231694149_thumb.jpg

I've never tied one but it looks great to me. It's something I want to learn.

Jeremy

Brian, that is not too darn bad, I would have started the tag end a little further back. Also when I use a hackle as a rib I strip one full side, the inside edge towards the hook off. Keep practicing, you are doing great.

Cheers, Jeff.

You nailed the hardest part for me and that is the pinch on the wing. It looks great!!!

Good Day,

I would say pretty darn good for a first attempt. Although a bit difficult to see in the photo, and please don't think me rude, it looks like you may need to place a little more effort towards the head of the fly. Shorter and more round, from the pic it looks too long and thin. Trust me, heads are an art in and of themselves...

Steelie

Heres atempt number 2 i worked on it all day long, took a few five minute brakes About twice the size of number 1 i think ill frame them just because they are my first attempts, no im going to tie something easy like a glo ball

post-16409-1231716655_thumb.jpg

Better, now you know why you can spend a lifetime getting the perfect wings. Keep tyin' buddy, but get some sleep for school tomorrow. :-) Cheers, Jeff.

BTW Brian, try something without the golden phesant tippet as an underwing, Underwings and shoulders are more the double advanced class. Looking really good for your second full dress, I had tied for over 10 years nearly every day, before I attempted any salmon flies. I was about 18 when I did my first one.

Cheers, Jeff.