Fly Tying
Fred H.

Traveling w/ tying equipment

I use the fishpond coyote. It is great! I have the renzetti traveler vice and it fits well along with all of the tools that I need. I just pack it for whatever trip I am going on. There is no possible way that I could carry everything I have.

I am new to this forum and I joined to get some expertise opinons ( members) on a Fly Tying Tool Caddy that I have designed and marketed on Ebay and in Local Crafts shows for the last couple of years.

It is portable, small in size and offers a complete workstation for fly tying with a minimal space needed for using or transporting. It is not a cheap item and current pricing is over $200, but made with quality materials and workmanship and thoughtfujjy designed. It can be used on a picnic table, a flat rock or your wife's fine dinning table. Plenty of storage room. I have posted pictures in the " Fly Tying Bench database" of this forum for others to look and comment. It is made in limited quantities.

I am not trying to sell through this forum, but looking to make any improvements members thought would help.

Any comments would be welcome. Antlercrest

Fred,

Sawcat made a beautiful tying table for me with room for tools, etc. I just pick it up, walk out to my Jeep, and set it in the back seat. It takes up one side, just the seat, and then, I pack whatever else I am carrying, but actually the tying table carries nearly everything I have to have.

Ray

I travel all over the country for work and when I am on the road is about the only time that I have to tie any more since the wife and I have taken on 4 foster kids that we are about to adopt. I went to the container store and bought what amounts to tuperware for all of my materials. I use the Spirit River/Wapsi boxes for my hooks, beads, other small stuff. I have one specific container that is divided in two, one side holds all of my tools (for now) and the other side holds my liquids like head cement, softex, dubbing wax and such. I use a Regal Vise and they make a nice carring case that I use for it. Once I am at the hotel, I take a pillow case off of a spare pillow and drape it over whatever table I have and use it as a working surface. Never had any problems and the staff vacuum the room daily anyhow.

All of the stuff goes in a large plastic shipping container with wheels that I bought at Lowes for about $80. It is also lockable. Next time I am on the road, I will post pics.

I also have that FishPond Road Trip bag. Very well designed. It's amazing how much stuff you can get in there.