Fly Tying
JustinDavis

St. Patty's Day Swap

Well,

Everyone has my address now. Its looking like we may make the deadline okay........ hopefully.

We'll see how well Canada Post does. <_<

We're just waiting on 4 sets to arrive.

So, I don't think that is so bad.

Thanks everyone.

Justin

Mine will be in the mail by Thursday. My shoulder has finally healed and I am able to tie some flies. I made the mistake of going to physical therapy for a real small pain in my shoulder and 3 weeks later my arm was in a sling. Turns out I had improper diagnosis by a doctor and a physical therapist. Now that I stopped the therapy 3 weeks ago and I got a shot of cortisone my shoulder is back to normal. That is the last time I allow that doctor to diagnosis me or even see me again. I hope you guys like green bluegill topwater flies. That is the only thing I have time to tie up, but they are my go to fly for bluegills and they work great. Here is a pic of what I catch on this fly.

IMGP0472.jpg

I got flies from Roll Q__Cast yesterday.

Great ties. Thanks for the extras.

3 More sets to go.

Justin

Justin,

my flies are in the mail and on their way to you. I put $5 in the package for postage, since you are in Canada I could not put American stamps on it for return postage, atleast that is what the post office told me. $5 should be enough, if not let me know, it cost less than $2 to ship from me to you.

Justin,

my flies are in the mail and on their way to you. I put $5 in the package for postage, since you are in Canada I could not put American stamps on it for return postage, atleast that is what the post office told me. $5 should be enough, if not let me know, it cost less than $2 to ship from me to you.

Sounds great. That should be good. If there is any change I will send it back. As for costs. Ya, more than double from me to you, than from you to me.

Go figure.

Justin

I got flies from Roll Q__Cast the other day. Thankyou.

We are still waiting on three sets. FlytyinFreak pm'd me that his package got turned back due to water, so that's unfortunate.

So, I will inform you when they're all in. And then I'll do the turn around as fast as I can.

Thankyou for your patience.

Here is an updated list.

1. JustinDavis --> TBD --> know it already -->done

2. skoli --> TBD --> addy sent --> received

3. atroutbum2 --> TBD --> addy sent -->received

4. riffleriversteelheadslayer --> Irish Turkey --> addy sent --> received

5. professori --> copper john --> addy sent --> received

6. firetiger --> The Fenian --> addy sent --> received

7. flytyinfreak --> TBD --> addy sent --> received

8. Flies & Photos --> TBD --> addy sent --> received

9. Scott V --> TBD --> addy sent -->

10. NineZeroSeven --> TBD --> addy sent -->received

11. 1973Dereks --> TBD --> addy sent -->received

12. Houndog --> Green Soft Hackle --> addy sent -->received

13. Roll Q___Cast --> TBD --> addy sent --> received

Thanks

Okay!!!

I got flies from 907 today. Excellent. Thankyou very much. Two more sets to go. I'm sure the other two should get here before the end of the week.

I'll let you know when they get here.

Thanks

Justin

I got flies from Flytyinfreak today. Great flies.

Now we're just waiting on Scott's. I'm thinking that they should get here tomorrow. Hopefully. If not tomorrow, then monday for sure.

I'll update you when they get here.

Justin

That is amazing how long it is taking to get there. I have sent flies to England and it took just a little over a week. Is it Canadian postal that is so slow or is it the customs that is has to go through?

I am not sure. I do know that we don't get mail on Saturday like you guys do down there. But you would think that mail would still travel.

Oh, well. What can you do.

By the way. Scott's flies got here today. So they're all in. I'll sort em tomorrow, and take a few pictures, and get them in the mail as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your participation in the swap. I will let you know when I get them in the mail.

Justin

Well.

Luckily I had some time today to go to the post office. Cause it took me like 40 minutes to fill out all the customs forms. :rolleyes:

Anyways, all the flies are in the mail back to you all.

For postage, many of you sent a few bucks. In order to not piss off bank tellers and minimize time in the bank, I took all of the cash received lumped it all together, and converted it to Canadian.

I then took that lump sum and paid for the postage for all of the packages that needed postage. This was needed because a couple of people didn;t send postage or means to buy postage.

The total cost for return postage was somewhat less than money received for postage. However, I don't know who sent how much.

On previous mailings that I have sent out, they cost $5.25 per package. I now know that this was because of the bubble wrap envelopes I was using. (Too fat)

Packages that were not bubble wrap cost 2.11 to send to the states, and 4.10 overseas.

So, a couple people sent a couple extra dollars for postage. I don't remember who sent what. If anyone feels they were treated unfairly with this, please PM me, and I will mail you a couple bucks and a fly.

This was my first time hosting a swap, so now I have all the kinks worked out for future swaps. That being said, look out for my next swap..... its going to be a bait fish imitations... :headbang:

Okay.

As for pictures of the flies. My wife went to visit her family for the week and consequently took the camera with her, so it'll be a week or so before I will have a chance to take some pics.

Thankyou to everyone for participating in the swap.

Questions?? Comments??? Sarcastic Remarks????? PM me.

Justin

Good job Justin, and I hope no one really gets concerened about a few pennies, or whatever you guys call your pocket change in Canada.

Good work Justin! Doesn't it just give you warm fuzzies seeing your tax dollars at work!?! It was a great swap and I look forward to the next one. Was anything different than what you expected? What would you do differently? D.

PS. I hope you liked my choice of packaging. Ha. It's not like there was any live ammo in it. :rolleyes:

COOL job Justin, as for your next swap just PM me and I'll be in, I have a zonker that is deadly! only problem is that it only catches trout over 20 inches! I know that is a big detractor as far as flies go but whatcha gonna do?