Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallieFanatic

What kind of water do you fish?

What Kind of Water do you usually Fish?   

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love being in a stream but I never say no to the lakes and ocean. Can't help it, every place has it's own beauty. Oh yes, they have great fish too. :yahoo:

I voted salt because I grew up on the beach but now I live in the country and fish lakes and ponds. I must say that I do have better luck salt fishing but really enjoy fresh.

No real good freshwater fishing around where I live, except for private ponds probably. However there's some outstanding saltwater fishing all up and down the coast. I haven't touched freshwater since I moved to Savannah over a year ago (though that'll change in a few weeks when i try my hand at some Trout on the Chattahoochie River).

Hey so I was wondering what kind of water do you guys usually fish?

I picked no. 2

The kind with fish in it. ;)

R/S the most, but my favorite is high lakes above 8,000 ft.

Well, I've fished them all (but only if you count my 5 minutes in salt 10 years ago).

My only requirement is the water has to be wet, but I fish mostly ponds out of ease and convenience.

I've fished most of the big (big name) rivers in Michigan, but I've fished strictly small, no-namer streams (the kind you can spit across) for many years. No crowds, great scenery. What is the old saying? "The purpose of the famous rivers is to keep others away from the good streams", ;) or something like that.

All 3!! Why limit yourself? The more fishing, the more fun!

Yes, but what I'm asking is what kind of water do you get the chance to fish the most, being wet is a major factor, and of course having fish in it is too :hyst:

Agreed with the anything wet, but because of where I live, waters I fish go in this order:

Big Rivers, Small Streams, Smallish Rivers, Lakes.

Mostly for warmwater fish, except in smallish rivers (and this year, small streams), where I fish trout (brown/bow/brookie).