Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jimmywhiplash

When does your season start

Hi

when do you guys/girls start fishing I start on the 1st of march at a syndicate loch that I am involved in oh man I cant wait to wet a fly again

winter always seems a long draw out affair so it will be nice to get back to the thing I love

I guess that i am blessed in living near the rocky mountains and have a great fishing river less than a mile from my house. And extremely fortunate that Colorado has no fishing season...from jan 1st to Dec. 31st I ncan go any day that i feel like it. Now that i am getting older i do find that most of my days on the river are just nice afternoons into evening mostly in the Spring and Fall.

The official season opens April 1st over here in Washinton but there are a ton of places that are open year-round

But I'm like you I can hardly wait to start hammering those fish! :yahoo:

All year, winter being best because there are fewer anglers out. Although, I have access to over 15 miles of private water on 6 streams so there is never anyone fishing regardless of the day.

Here is a recent catch that I am proud of. I've been chasing her for over a year and a half and finally got her.

Indexphoto3.jpg

Oh, you American fellows, fishing all year round... :wallbash: :cry: hate hate hate :hyst:

Over here the season on trout waters is from April 16th to November 30th and we are allowed to fish 3 days in a week. The rest of the time we can fish on coarse waters, on some of which some trout / grayling can be also found.

All year, winter being best because there are fewer anglers out. Although, I have access to over 15 miles of private water on 6 streams so there is never anyone fishing regardless of the day.

Here is a recent catch that I am proud of. I've been chasing her for over a year and a half and finally got her.

Indexphoto3.jpg

nice fish what did it take ? did you keep it

We have mega management. It changes every year. You need a license for fresh water and salmon. Not allowed to fish shark except at scientific shark festivals (love it).

Usually fresh is march -september. we have one lake for all year round. We have certain fish at certain times, certain hooks,bait/no bait, barbs, fly only, how many hooks, how many of which fish in bag limit per day and then you have a no type of fish restrictions and no tributaries in a certain time of year and only fish from 1hour before sunup and 1 hour after sundown. ............. We get a guide with our license every year and you have to check it out for all the restrictions or species and tribs openings.

Every province manages it's own fish and wildlife.

Such as why you will find some species are plentiful and able to be big in size with very few species disappearing anymore. The pollution is another can of worms we won't touch.

How is your fishing? :hyst:

I live in the pacific northwest and our lakes dont open up until the last weekend in april. We do have a few lake that are all year and salmon fishing and smelt fishing......and others.

My season starts whenever I fill like going, but a lot of rivers around here really pick up by mid-march.

Thanks. She is still swimming. Maybe I can get her next time. She took the purists dream, a pink eggi juan kenobi. It was high, milky water so we caught most of our fish on pink or black patterns.

Indexphoto3.jpg

nice fish what did it take ? did you keep it

Hi

when do you guys/girls start fishing I start on the 1st of march at a syndicate loch that I am involved in oh man I cant wait to wet a fly again

winter always seems a long draw out affair so it will be nice to get back to the thing I love

Hi- We fish all year. There are some fantastic trout streams in Arkansas, some do have restrictions about fishing certain areas during the winter due to protecting the spawning browns. I fish the Little Red quite a bit (due to have my wife's uncle that owns a huge house and about 600 acres on the river )and have had some 100 fish days. The best was during the brown run (the last two world record Browns have come from this river, just over 40 pounds each) where we landed 64 fish over 24 inches in one day. The main thing that determines when we fish is what else is going on, Not much fishing during deer and turkey seasons. Otherwise, I personally wait for good weather and no ice.

If you're ever in the States and have opportunityn to be in this part of the country, look me up- it's worth fishing and IMO better than a lot of western rivers.