Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

A really easy tied ANT

Your out of black dubbing, your out of foam, your out of Ant imitations :wallbash: .........you want to tie some ants because you know it is that time of year and you want to go fishing right now.

You still need some Ant imitations and you need them fast......... well there is a solution, you only need some black polychenille, tread and hackle.

Ofcourse you have black polychenille :D , so this is what you can do........ and it only takes a few minutes :D :D

About five times through the loop for the big Knot and about 1(2) for the small one.

If you want you can of course add some wings without loosing much time.......

This is also a pattern made by my good friend Staffan Lindstrøm. He is a fantastic creative flytier and likes to make it simple but efficient.

Terje!

a.jpg

b.jpg

c-1.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

You only joined yesterday and you have 32 post already. WOW you've been busy. :eek:

Now it`s 33 :D :D

Thanks for your kind comment on the easy tied ant, Floyd.

Terje!

Very nice . Thanks for sharing that with us. If everyone who joined did as you and submitted a step by step can you imagine the database of patterns we would have.Thanks ,Fred

Nice easy pattern. Do you ever have problems with the knots coming undone when fishing this fly?

Nice easy pattern. Do you ever have problems with the knots coming undone when fishing this fly?

I`m not to familiar with the expression "coming undone". Could you explain what you mean, my english is a bit rusty when i comes to understanding some phrases :D

Smallie Fanatic:

Thanks. I also use super fine chenille in some of my flies :)

Terje!

Hello Terje, coming undone means the knots failing and falling apart. Now Olorin, he used a surgeons knot in back which should not come undone, and the front overhand knot he ties off with the head so that is very durable in my opionion.

Cheers, Futzer.

Hello Terje, coming undone means the knots failing and falling apart. Now Olorin, he used a surgeons knot in back which should not come undone, and the front overhand knot he ties off with the head so that is very durable in my opionion.

Cheers, Futzer.

Now i understand :D ......... No i don`t think there will be any problems with the knot coming undone. If you pull it hard together after making the knots i`m pretty sure they will stick and not fall apart.

I have never experienced that :)

Thanks for teaching me another expression....... it is now saved in my hard disk (my head :D)

Terje!

I`m not to familiar with the expression "coming undone". Could you explain what you mean, my english is a bit rusty when i comes to understanding some phrases :D

Smallie Fanatic:

Thanks. I also use super fine chenille in some of my flies :)

Terje!

Good to know.