Fly Tying
mouse6196

Woven body flies

Does anyone know foa site or place where I can learn more about tying woven bodies on flies? I've seen some on YOUTUBE but would like a good step by step if possible. I received some in a swap and have fallen crazy for them. I have to learn this technique.

Does anyone know foa site or place where I can learn more about tying woven bodies on flies? I've seen some on YOUTUBE but would like a good step by step if possible. I received some in a swap and have fallen crazy for them. I have to learn this technique.

Maybe you can use this one: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41283

I posted it yesterday.

Terje!

Mouse,

Funny you should ask, I just sent some in a swap. LOL

I learned here: Woven Mayfly

Also a good how-to article for the overhand weave starts on page 49 of the 2008 Hatches Magazine.

in randal kaufmans The fly tyers nymph manual....Go to the rubber legs and his pictures and text helped me better understand weaving than any video i have ever saw or article i have ever read.The best possible way to learn is to look over the shoulder of a master weaver at work..This is somethign i wish i had the oppurtunity to do also.

shane

in randal kaufmans The fly tyers nymph manual....Go to the rubber legs and his pictures and text helped me better understand weaving than any video i have ever saw or article i have ever read.The best possible way to learn is to look over the shoulder of a master weaver at work..This is somethign i wish i had the oppurtunity to do also.

shane

They are one of my favorite flies to tie. I just search Google for different patterns and how to articles. This is a fly made of woven copper and nickel.

SDC10043.JPG

SDC10042.JPG

SDC10040.JPG

Here is another pattern with woven thread.

SDC10058.JPG

woven sinew

SDC10080.JPG

woven coper wire.

SDC10088.JPG

woven CDC

SDC10213.JPG

another copper

SDC10122.JPG

Woven boo

SDC10023.JPG