Fly Tying

2008 FTOTY - Let the Voting Begin!!

Guest Big E

How are the winners of the different subcategories picked? Like when we filled out the form there were different subcategories, ie GL egg, GL nymph, pike topwater, pike subsurface, etc. Is there just one winner of GL, Pike, etc and we were allowed to tie up more than one fly?

Good Luck everyone...some really nice flies in there. Very humbling experience seeing the competition.

IM glad I have a week to look these over. I enjoy taking my time! Ther are some real stand outs! But once again I find my self annoyed with artistic realistics in the wrong catagory. Thats an instant No vote for me. Will outstanding job once again. Your camera dosent miss any flaws! So Im guessing you took 700 pics?

Guest Big E
I find my self annoyed with artistic realistics in the wrong catagory. Thats an instant No vote for me. Will outstanding job once again. Your camera dosent miss any flaws!

Ditto on what the wise one said ^^^

:bugeyes: excellent flies everyone! maybe next year I will have the cahunas to enter something iv'e tied. congrats to all

AHH my head hurts! You guys are good! Good luck to all of you! Will, very nice job and I will buy my hatches magazine script as soon as I get my next paycheck! Wish I would have found this site a long time ago.

Outstanding job, everyone! I've been looking forward to seeing everyones flies, since the end December. What a treat!

Will - A sincere "Thank You" for doing a wonderful job on such a monumental task.

WOW! Some really good flies tyed in this years contest.Just finished voting.GREAT JOB on the pics Will,its hard to appreciate how much hard work you must have put into this years contest. Cant wait for the results. :bugeyes:

That was almost unfair for a first year tyer to pour over all of those fantastic flies and have to pick each one apart...I feel dirty.

You people are great and I wish you all the best of luck.

Nice job Will. I know how much work and time you put into this each year and you always pull it off some how.

And all the flies are great. It's almost not fair that some of them wont win because there's so many that deserve to win but you can only pick one winner for each. Everyone did a great job again this year.

Steve

But once again I find my self annoyed with artistic realistics in the wrong catagory. Thats an instant No vote for me. Will outstanding job once again.

Will, Great job. I'm with day5 on this one.

Some nice stuff there.

My problem is that I could only fill out half the ballot because I don't know what criteria to use for flies I never bought, attempted, fished or compared before (classic and salmon etc.).

But it's still fun to see them.

I just got done voting yesterday and HOLY COW!!!

Everybody deserves some of this! :headbang: :yahoo: :headbang: :yahoo: :D

And a big thanks to SmallieHunter for hosting this great contest! :headbang: :yahoo: :headbang: :yahoo: :D

I find my self annoyed with artistic realistics in the wrong catagory. Thats an instant No vote for me. Will outstanding job once again. Your camera dosent miss any flaws!

Ditto on what the wise one said ^^^

Same here