Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ibian

A few more

Heres a couple of my first Hendrickson's emerger, I will post the nymph, dunn and spinner later. The red thread is not from this fly, I didn't notice it until now. The ones that I tied after this one used 14/0 brown thread instead of the black thread.

dscn4761zx9.jpg

dscn4763ch6.jpg

My first egg

dscn4756co3.jpg

Heres something I was tying up for ice fishing but I havn't had a chance to try it yet.

dscn4751bz9.jpg

Heres a couple of my first Hendrickson's emerger, I will post the nymph, dunn and spinner later. The red thread is not from this fly, I didn't notice it until now. The ones that I tied after this one used 14/0 brown thread instead of the black thread.

dscn4761zx9.jpg

dscn4763ch6.jpg

My first egg

dscn4756co3.jpg

Heres something I was tying up for ice fishing but I havn't had a chance to try it yet.

dscn4751bz9.jpg

Ibian - The tail on the Hendrikson doesn't look right to me, but then I never tied one.

The egg looks great far better than the one I tied. The last fly looks like it wood be a great

streamer; what's it patterned after?

I have seen a few different emerger tails, but this is what I was told to do at a local fly shop during a tying course, I know some guys burn the tails but his one is tied off. The last one is based on the minky leech, a guy out west was tying them on tv and I used rabbit fur since the fly shop was out of mink. Since I plan on using this one for ice fishing I wrapped some lead underneath.

great egg nice lookin streame, and the emerger looks good except for the tail needs a little work, i like to use an olive z-lon on mine and it looks ok, but otherwise good work