Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rich5665

Bestest Wife in the World

My wife just gave the best Valentines Day gift in our 20 years of marriage. She bought me a Sunrise Rotating Spring Action Vise from J Stockard Fly Fishing. It may not be the best on the market, but it sure beats my $9.00 special. :P

what a sweet thought. My favorite vise is one that a special person gave me. It will always be my favorite one.

phil

Well on this day I have a double whammy......It's valentines day and our anniversary. I ask her what she wanted to do for our anniversary and she said lets go fly fishing. What I didnt know was she had called the fly shop and had them put together a material package as a gift. I got a 2 packs of Whiting 100's,4 packs of hooks,5 packs of dubbing,2 packs of peacock hurl,1 pack of goose biots,4 spools of 8/0 uni thread,head cement, and got to spend some time on the water with my best friend. One hell of a day.Now i'm waiting on my new Dyna-King Kingfisher vise to get here and all will be perfect in the universe....... :yahoo: Did I mention I LOVE MY WIFE !!!!!!!! :headbang:

Sounds like there are some great wives out there... you can add my wife to the list. For Christmas she got me a new 10' 7wt rod for steelheading... a month later, for my birthday, she matched that up with the Orvis Battenkill large arbor big game reel. As if that wasn't enough, last night she gave me SA's Mastery Series Steelhead line. She is the best wife!

Nothing great this year, but about 10 years ago my wife called Phil Castleman and bought a Chatterer skin for me. He sent her two skins and told her to send back the one that I didn't want.

Good wives are hard to come [email protected]!