Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Wet flies poll

Wet Flies   

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is for the wet fly users. I am sincerely curious as to the out come. Thank you for taking the time. I have personally fished with winged the most. But maybe not now. :bugeyes:

You missed all the best wet flies . What about sizes 8, 6, 4 and 2? Doesn't anyone night fish for browns? Give me a size 4 Montreal, Black Gnat or a size 6 Pickett Pin. Fish the Beaverkill covered bridge swimming area or Wilowemoc Jersey Flats after 10 PM and see what comes out.

Wingless wets. Spiders, flymphs, soft hackle nymphs. If I am trout fishing the likelihood I have one of these, or a team of them tied on, is somewhere around 95%. I don't use winged wets much, and I do very little dry fly fishing anymore. If I do fish on or near the surface, and it ain't a CDC&Elk, it is one of the above dressed to fish on or near the top.

All right!!!!!!!! All right!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash: There you go. Let me know about the others. Don't know how I could of forgot about them :dunno: .

Geeesh.

this will be my first year fishing soft hackles.I tied a dozen and swapped some dog fur to a member on this ite for a dozen more.I'm gonna give them a go this year.I usually high stick nymphs,when trout arent actively feeding.When they r,i usually use emergers and dries.With the ocassional bugger swing,when all else fails.

Let you know in about sept,how my thoughts toward soft hackles may have changed.

shane

I think your poll results are not accurate. I tried to skip over the winged fly parts, as I don't use them. It wouldn't let me so I had to make choices.

I prefer a soft hackle wet fly any day! :rolleyes:

Okay.. live and learn. I didn't know the poll worked that way so I put in a nil zone so it will not register. That should about do it. :headbang:

I typically fish a two fly rig, with the bob a winged wet and the point a soft hackle. Put a bit of floatant on winged wet and it makes a great strike indicator which doubles as a cripple with a hook in it. (And you can pull it under for the last part of your drift.)

redietz that is an idea I like the sound of. I am finding the results so far amazing and quite surprising. I can't wait to see where it leads us. :yahoo: I have hopefully revised it to get the best results with you being able to vote accurately.

I can't believe there are so little out there that favour the winged. I'm starting to feel sorry for the little buggers. :ripped: Some of you who are just looking must favour the winged? :dunno: Give a click, be proud of using your winged beauties. There has to be a mistake.