Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
pasttimetyer

leader to flyline

I know this is the wrong place for this post. But I could'nt post in the flyfishing thread. But I use a bopkin for this :rolleyes: This helps alittle with the leader from hanging up on the eyes of your flyrod so much.

With the smaller flylines I'll use a hat pin or just a straight pin.

IMG_1901.jpg

Then I'll just run the pin or bopkin up the center of the flyline and poke it out the side about a 1/2" up the line.

IMG_1902.jpg

Then I'll run the leader in this hole and out the side of the line. Cut then end of the leader on an angle this will help you. You've got to be quick because the line will srink back. May have to put the pin or bopkin back in the hole and streach it out again.

IMG_1903.jpg

Then just tye your nail knot and your done.

IMG_1905.jpg

Hi Pasttimetyer, I only use 1/16" of the pierced flyline, and I put a small drop of Loon Knot sense on the part with the butt section where it goes through the flyline. It does not bunch up like a fallen sock that way.

Cheers, Futzer

instead of using a knot just put a little bit of superglue on the leader and pull it back through the fly line and that will hold it in place.