Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DSFlyman

How Many Seasons Do You Tie For?

How many seasons ahead do you tie for?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

since living here, I slack off in the summer when all the water gets too hot and slimy to bother with. Right now we're in the tail end of the really good bass and crappie fishing in the local ponds, which is Jan-Feb. Next month there will be 3 weeks or so of good topwater action for bass, and that is fun even though I've never been able to really care much about largemouths. March-Apr-May is prime time for some of the lakes I fish in Florida for bluegills, so that is coming up. I'm hoping to possibly get home to Pennsylvania in June, which would be almost perfect for smallmouths and walleyes in the Allegheny, so I need to tie more stuff for that.

I've always tended to really tie for what I can fish at that time, or what is coming up in the near future. Right now I'm working on stocking up on my favorite bluegill flies, and tying some saltwater patterns which I hope to be able to use for Florida panhandle stuff pretty soon.

there are seasons?

DUH! :rolleyes:

Winter steelhead

Spring steelhead

Ice out Pike

Ice out perch

Trout opener

Spring bass

Spring bluegill

Post spawns carp

Pre spawn smallies

Pre spawn largies

Summer largies

Summer run steelhead

Summer carp

fall coho

Fall smallies

Fall bluegill

Fall steelhead

Winter steelhead

It looks like I tie for 18+ seasons

guess thats where I been going wrong I just tie for species plus my home river is open to trout all year guess if I were to divide it into seasons it would be pre spring turkey season post turkey season pre deer season post deer season

I start tying something for the season opener then find myself tying stuff that won't work till summer or fall.

Then I keep tying till I get tired. :sleep:

Well Matt, You did forget January tail water ultra midge 32s for pretty trout, :hyst: Cheers, Jeff.

there are seasons?

DUH! :rolleyes:

Winter steelhead

Spring steelhead

Ice out Pike

Ice out perch

Trout opener

Spring bass

Spring bluegill

Post spawns carp

Pre spawn smallies

Pre spawn largies

Summer largies

Summer run steelhead

Summer carp

fall coho

Fall smallies

Fall bluegill

Fall steelhead

Winter steelhead

It looks like I tie for 18+ seasons

You fish for turkey and deer? LOL!!!

sure due just tie up a corn kernel fly pitch it out there with a 50# leader connected to the trigger of the shot gun puts them right in range :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:lol2: :lol2: :hyst: :hyst: Thats a good one! :ban: :ban: :ban:

i love to tie so if that means tying hoppers in january im gonna do it. and it is really nice not getting bummed losing a fly knowing i spent 2 bucks on it. now i just know ive got another 2 dozen of them at home.