Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dezod

Tax Day Stimulus Package Swap

Although I can't help out with the Status of the Economy I thought we could make our own Fly Tying Stimulus Package. Everyone ties up 15 Stimulators due by Tax Day... April 15th and then shortly after tax day you will recieve your very own "Stimulus Package." First 15 to respond get in. Normal Swap rules.

I belive he was refering to the individual "swap" rule not the forum rule. :rolleyes:

Indeed I was. I learned to follow directions in 1st grade. Oh well, I guess a few extra days won't hurt anyone. It's not like the Stimulator Hatch is raging in Colorado right now... :P

I repeat: Due by: Due meaning at the swapmeisters, or mailed by? and as far as private swap rules vs. forum rules in referring to due date, Da rules are da rules, swap rules are set by the forum and those are the rules that I believe we should go by. If the Meister wants all the flies to be in his hands by a certain date he should set the due date 3-5 days prior to it so the they get there when he wants them. whats the rush anyways? When the flies arrive they arrive. You fish when you get a chance to fish, Life goes on. Looking at the bigger picture it really isn't that big of a deal if someone is running a little behind. There is enough crap being heaped on us regular folk these days by corporate america and the F. U.ed Government so the last thing I want to stress on is the one thing that I use to relieve and escape that stress, that's fly tying. chill out! take a deep breath join another swap, tie some flies, forget about your last swap and then one day in the mail you will recieve a package of flies and you will be pleasantly surprised and happy! No wait I know!!! day after day grumble and whine that the due date will never get here! bitch and whine and pace and wait till the flies FINALLY arrive,. Say in your head "It's about effin time!!!! G D freakin slow ass people!" and then as you are about to cast one of those flies,,,,, you drop from a heart attack!!!!!

I repeat: Due by: Due meaning at the swapmeisters, or mailed by? and as far as private swap rules vs. forum rules in referring to due date, Da rules are da rules, swap rules are set by the forum and those are the rules that I believe we should go by. If the Meister wants all the flies to be in his hands by a certain date he should set the due date 3-5 days prior to it so the they get there when he wants them. whats the rush anyways? When the flies arrive they arrive. You fish when you get a chance to fish, Life goes on. Looking at the bigger picture it really isn't that big of a deal if someone is running a little behind. There is enough crap being heaped on us regular folk these days by corporate america and the F. U.ed Government so the last thing I want to stress on is the one thing that I use to relieve and escape that stress, that's fly tying. chill out! take a deep breath join another swap, tie some flies, forget about your last swap and then one day in the mail you will recieve a package of flies and you will be pleasantly surprised and happy! No wait I know!!! day after day grumble and whine that the due date will never get here! bitch and whine and pace and wait till the flies FINALLY arrive,. Say in your head "It's about effin time!!!! G D freakin slow ass people!" and then as you are about to cast one of those flies,,,,, you drop from a heart attack!!!!!

Ramble much?? Take another Valium, dude.

So everyone knows I am NOT worried about the timing of the flies. I have in my hands all but one set of flies today and will have the rest shortly. I personally, and this is just me, send all my flies to the SM so they have arrived before the due date, those of you who put things off a little or had things come up I am not upset about it and I don't think anyone else should be... So anyway (That is my way of saying that I think the subject should be closed).

Got a really crazy looking set of glow in the dark ICP stimis from Flytyingfreak

Got Franks green stimisThat are great as always

T5F got the remainder today

I'm waiting on one set and the addy is out, so I expect those soon.

Everyone will really like these ties.

C

A Final Update

Although I can't help out with the Status of the Economy I thought we could make our own Fly Tying Stimulus Package. Everyone ties up 15 Stimulators due by Tax Day... April 15th and then shortly after tax day you will recieve your very own "Stimulus Package." First 15 to respond get in. Normal Swap rules.

Swap is now Closed

1. RRSHS- Rubber Legged Stimi- Addy Sent- Recieved some LOOOOOOOOOONG legged Stimis

2. Satchmo- Small- Addy Sent- Recieved some little stimis

3. Justin Davis- Hoppulator- Addy Sent- Recieved some cool spun deer-hair-headed stimis

4. IBRB- #6 Orange Stimi- Received Nice BIG Stimis

5. atroutbum2-Caddis Green Stimi- Addy Sent- Recieved

6. Flytyingfreak- ICP Stimis- Addy Sent- Recieved and one day I will see again :)

7. Joeking- Royal Stimi- Recieved

8. Min- TBD- Addy Sent

9. Spike188- Perforator Stimi- Addy Sent- Recieved and very nice

10. mlwebb- madamX- Addy Sent- Some really cool MadamX's recieved

11. t5f- Montana Stimi- Extension Denied :)- Addy Sent- Recieved

12. Searchingsolitude- Crystal Stimi- Addy Sent- Recieved some stimis with bling!

13. Frank- TBD Addy Sent- Recieved

14. Ridleyffo- Broke Stimi- Addy Sent- Recieved

15. Houndog- TBD- Addy Sent- Recived some very nice little green stimis

SM. Dezod- #14 Yellow and Stimi- Ready to Ship

It shouldnt be too hard for Searching to find solitude as I dont think I or many others would want to fish witth him.

Despite his seeming need for PMS medication, I at first was going to ignore this crap, as I figured he was anxious to get his First swap flies. However, I then remembered this is the same yahoo that PMd me and dressed me down with a tirade due to my "40 days?" retort to his consevative political blather earlier in this post. Telling me that the Forum was no place for political comments when in fact he began the political discourse. Rather than fully discuss our differences this SS, cowardly blocked my PM so that I couldnt dispute his PMd nonsense.

My advice to you SS is for YOU to mellow out. :boxing: anytime

Ya know I do agree with ridleyffo. Searchin Solitude Is startin to be pain in the butt!! I could go on and flame the fire but I am just going to lay this out for future reference: I will no longer participate in any swap involving Mr. solitude. other than that I am so stoked about this swap! You timed it just right!I didn't think about it but spring time in California is a great time for the stone fly stimi and then theres summer with all those hoppers flyin around! I know the boys at the tracy fly fishers will be droolin when they see this latest swap!

It shouldnt be too hard for Searching to find solitude as I dont think I or many others would want to fish witth him.

Despite his seeming need for PMS medication, I at first was going to ignore this crap, as I figured he was anxious to get his First swap flies. However, I then remembered this is the same yahoo that PMd me and dressed me down with a tirade due to my "40 days?" retort to his consevative political blather earlier in this post. Telling me that the Forum was no place for political comments when in fact he began the political discourse. Rather than fully discuss our differences this SS, cowardly blocked my PM so that I couldnt dispute his PMd nonsense.

My advice to you SS is for YOU to mellow out. :boxing: anytime

You still here? I thought I dismissed you. I think the Daily Kos is missing one of its idiots..

Ya know I do agree with ridleyffo. Searchin Solitude Is startin to be pain in the butt!! I could go on and flame the fire but I am just going to lay this out for future reference: I will no longer participate in any swap involving Mr. solitude. other than that I am so stoked about this swap! You timed it just right!I didn't think about it but spring time in California is a great time for the stone fly stimi and then theres summer with all those hoppers flyin around! I know the boys at the tracy fly fishers will be droolin when they see this latest swap!

I pointed out that due date meant that the flies should be at the SM's by the "DUE" date... Then said "Oh well, I guess a few extra days won't hurt anyone. It's not like the Stimulator Hatch is raging in Colorado right now" And you proceeded to ramble on and on about some nonsense and flaming me.

As for:

"I will no longer participate in any swap involving Mr. solitude." My feelings are really hurt now. :crying: Piss off. :yahoo:

Ya' know this is supposed to be a friendly community of fly tying participants. When did I insult anyone here? Ridleyffo, I discussed your political stupidity in a PM... that means PRIVATE message. I did not think you wanted everyone here to know you voted for that ass-clown in the White House.

I just want everyone to know that this has been a really stimulating swap so far.......and I haven't even received my flies! :blink:

Seriously though, a big thank you to everyone involved for all their efforts and especially to Dezod for hosting!!!

t5f

post-19842-1240159686_thumb.jpg

I just want everyone to know that this has been a really stimulating swap so far.......and I haven't even received my flies! :blink:

Seriously though, a big thank you to everyone involved for all their efforts and especially to Dezod for hosting!!!

t5f

post-19842-1240159686_thumb.jpg

The photo is too much information! :sick: I have heard of matching the hatch, but to check the TASTE too!!! You must be a blast when the big hoppers come out.

Frank aka Student4evr

Frank I am glad you said something, because after that photo I didn't have any idea what to say.

C

Is that what you call redneck caviar? Better get a Miller to wash it down with! After all, Miller is the champagne of beers