Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

2008 FTOTY Category Winners!

Hi Group,

My hat is off to all of you for your entries AND the quality of the flies entered in the contest; winners and non-winners alike all demonstrated an incredible amount of talent. Will, the FTF contest blows the socks off anything else on the net but I think you already knew that!

Next my hat is off to you Will for the incredible amount of hard work you put into the contest. We've talked about this in the past and my suggestion to you still stands; you are killing yourself doing the contest where you do the bulk of the work. I suggest a different judging system for future contests; it's great to have the members do the judging but you have to shoot pics of EVERY fly to make that happen! You can't continue to do it at no cost to those who enter. You should consider a nominal fee for entries to cover your cost of time/labor/pics/band width, etc. My friend that's just my $.02 for what's it's worth. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com