Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sparkleminnow

flyishing Seattle

Seattle Washingon? I don't live there but am fairly close, I believe the main species is trout, I can't name any streams for lack of definite knowledge. Hope this helps,

Jan

Most of the rivers are still in the middle of runoff in June, so lakes and fishing the beaches in saltwater are the best bets. If he's going late in June the rivers may be dropping enough to fish for summer steelhead. Off the saltwater beaches he could find resident coho salmon and cutthroat. Just have him check into any of the area fly shops, they all have an employee or someone that fish whatever is happening at that time. The local rivers really don't have a lot of resident trout.

Sorry, I meant to add more detail. They are going June 8-14th, and staying in Coupeville. My nephew is 14, so I doubt that he will be able to hire a guide. His dad would rather they fish in the ocean with...gulp...BAIT! <_<

I bought him a 6/7 Albright flyrod with a Bugati reel. He wants to use it. I need to have a small selection of flies for him, by then. They might travel to fish...a little, but I doubt they go far. It's a family trip, not a fishing trip.

Well coupville is about 45 miles from where I live. Around that time we should start seeing some coho in the Skagit. The skagit offers many very large sand bars that could be fly fished from. Other than that the may want to try trout fishing in one of the nearby lakes. Coming from coupville I would suggest Pass lake. It is near deception pass and is fly fishing only. It holds many many many big fish.

Try the beach at Penn Cove. Fish the tides. June has some great ebs. I live in West Seattle and have a great time beach fishing every June.