Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
B.C.TroutHunter

Favorite type of animal

What is your favorite type of animal?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I personaly like Parrots (we have 8 of them), but my favorite ones are my two little Parrotlets (Parrotlets, not parrakeets) and our green cheeked conure.

i have to pick dogs, but fish aren't far behind. Actually, I prolly know more abuot fish than I do dogs. Easier to find factual information on fish, most of the time information on dogs is so skewed by the owner that its more of a tabloid than anything.

steve

QUOTE (mozes @ Jul 15 2004, 07:21 AM)
Mine is Parrot too. I have an African Grey. 

So do we, what kind of african grey? We have a Timney (sp?).

I have Congo African Grey parrot. He is 7.5 years old. VERY COOL pet headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif . We keep a list of words and phrases that he can say. Last time we updates this list was about half a year ago. I just looked it up. Thils list is up to 247 different words in Russian and English. A lot of things that he says are totally appropriate for that moment. He makes every sound in the house (4 different phone rings, microwave, sound produced by urinating and flashing a toilet, etc…), all of the neighbors dogs and wild birds. He also produces fly tying material devil.gif . I just recently hosted “Your pet swap” on this board. Take a guess where my materials came from. One more thing, he LOVES me and HATES my wife.

post-3-1089926507.jpg

Fish! Love 'em. Freshwater, saltwater, invertebrates. Cichlids are my favorites, with the odd types a close second. I had a Lungfish for over 10 years until I moved to the neighborhood I live in now, and the lousy freaking water killed him! He was just shy of 4 feet long.

After that I started filtering all the water for my aquariums before using it. I kept a mini-reef tank for years, too. I added fish at one point, but took them out after a few months because I realized I enjoyed the invertebrate life more! Just last week I lost my buddy, Frank. He was a 12 year old Paradise Fish. Stingrays are neat too, you just hafta be careful for their water quality, plus who you get them from.

My favourite animal is dog.

Here is my dog - Dona. She is big, really BIG! biggrin.gif

post-3-1090429295.jpg

Well I'm gonna be the first to say i prefer cats all the way.. very distintive personalities... I have a manx

Gotta dog and love him. I used to take him fishing with me, but he always wants to swim out after my fly or lure. He is a lab who loves the water. He will be turning 10 next month.

I take my dog with me too, but there is one problem. When I hook up a fish, and it jumps out of the water, he wants to be the first one to "hold" it and he swimms to the spot that the fish jumped out... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif