Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DSFlyman

Recession Busters

I've started some posts that talk about bargain materials and I just read that informative post on hooks. This is just my two cents, but I think it would be great to add a section of the forum for people to share bargains and suggestions on materials and equipment for tying.

And here I thought I was going to read a post about how tax cuts have ended almost all of the past recessions. LOL I think it is a good idea as well.

Absolutely the best deals I've found recently are bead prices at these two stores.

I have paid up to 29 cents per bead for what you can get here for 4 cents.

http://canadianllama.com/index.htm

http://thefishguy.net/flytyingmaterials.htm

For round rubber legs you can't beat

jannsnetcraft.com

You can't beat the dungeon. A buck for a huge pack of legs and maybe 2 bucks for a enormous hank of krystal flash. They put materials of the same categories to shame when it comes to quality and price.

Cream dubbing from the family chihuahua as well as great para-post material (I use the white tail hair), hare substitute (which wroks awsome) from the tabby cat, wire (for weighting) from those plastic twisty-ties (make sure to strip off ther plastic). Hoards of mallard flank feathers from a friends flock of ducks, premium wet fly hackle from another friends goodly supply of hens, streamer hackle from the roosters. There are so many places to get supplies.... :devil:

post-17709-1236024860_thumb.jpg

Fly tyer's dungeon is the place to buy at least one of everything he's got. Talk about great prices for quality materials. Also, he doesn't rake you over the coals for shipping.

Just my 2cents.

Gary

Cream dubbing from the family chihuahua as well as great para-post material (I use the white tail hair), hare substitute (which wroks awsome) from the tabby cat, wire (for weighting) from those plastic twisty-ties (make sure to strip off ther plastic). Hoards of mallard flank feathers from a friends flock of ducks, premium wet fly hackle from another friends goodly supply of hens, streamer hackle from the roosters. There are so many places to get supplies.... :devil:

Smallie, Chihuahua's are paranoid enough without being awoken from a nap with you and your tying scissors. :rolleyes: Cheers, Futzer.

I know and with the cat constantly giving her the claws, she is even moreso paranoid :hyst: I'll just say she needs to learn to live with it :bored:

I find chiwawas very kickable :hyst: jusst kidding i dont really do that, my dogs are put in place by the big ole black cat,misty, she hisses and claws them every time they walk by

I'll have to try the dungeon, I keep seeing it mentioned in posts

I will add my two cents...they are great and you will NOT be dissatisfied!! Another fair source is J Stockard's

:thumbup: